Chapter 37

To start off the session, he asked me how I had been since the last time we met. I replied honestly and I said "I was okay". As I said this, I realised that if I was asked before, I would have lied and pretended that everything was okay when it wasn't. I must admit that my self confidence was increasing a little bit day by day and I began to see progress.

Dr. Karl was calling me and this broke my reflective thoughts. The next thing we discussed was The Butterfly Project and my reaction to it, I told him that I was still very scared and I had a lot of emotions to deal with. Dr. Karl seemed to genuinely care as did all the other staff in Timberline Knolls. He then moved from small talk to more important issues that we began to discuss last time. He asked me to tell him more about my past so I did, or well at least I tried.

I started talking about the gangs that had basically "bullied" me and my family. I said that they threw stones and eggs at my windows and they rattled my gates every night which terrified me because from my bedroom window, I could see them. Thinking back now, when I was younger, I thought things couldn't get any worse but they did.

My voice began to break when I started describing the trouble we had at Halloween. He said "It's okay, you have been really brave to tell me what you have so far". I looked at him and I wasn't convinced, I just felt that maybe he wanted me to open up more or maybe, it was me wanting to talk about all my pain to anybody who would listen. Before my Demi meet and greet, I could never open up and admit I had a problem but now I was learning how to deal with it and I was beyond grateful to Demi, her family and the staff at Timberline Knolls.

P.S Thank you so much to everyone who is reading this :) Over 8,000 reads, wow, I never thought it would get this many <3 I love you guys lots <3