CHAPTER 4

Over the weekend, Lydia was planning on having her party but Hayley was thinking of sitting this one out. Her mental health wasn't doing well and she didn't want to cause trouble for her new friends.
But she had a feeling that Elijah had noticed what was wrong with her.

Later on, Hayley was in the kitchen planning to make dinner. Mrs. McCall was going to come home late and Scott had a Lacrosse game.
'Hayley?'
Hayley looked up and saw Elijah.
'Can we talk?'
She nodded.
Elijah stepped into the kitchen.
'Are you alright, Hayley? There seems to be something troubling you.'
Because there was...
'I had a panic attack yesterday at school, Elijah. But it's nothing.'
The Original Vampire stared at her. That's not nothing. He knew that.
'I will not be going to Lydia's party. But you guys are free to go. I'll just stay here.'
'I'm a little old for parties.'
Hayley gave Elijah a small smile.
She felt bad about ditching the girls this weekend but she needs to sort out her mental health. She doesn't even know why she had a panic attack.
It just...happened...

Over the next few months, Hayley's anxiety was getting worse. She even wanted to turn it off...
Or atleast she was thinking about it. She hated feeling this way...
She absolutly hated it. She didn't want Scott to see her like this.
She really didn't.

Turn it off.
A voice said inside her head. As much as she wanted to give in, she just couldn't. But this was just so hard...
She needed to do this.

And so she did.