CHAPTER 18

Hayley went and fell on her bed. Exhausted from the week.
Stiles got attacked and he was badly truamatized, Scott had an asma attack and there were people in creepy masks after them.
Hayley warned them...
She warned them not to read that damn book...

Stiles didn't want her to read it because of the danger...
But how can Hayley protect him if he won't let her in?
Why won't he tell her everything?
Hayley got off of her bed and went downstairs to see Stiles sitting at the dinner table.
'Stiles, we need to talk.'
'Sweetheart-'
'You're keeping something from me. Please tell me what's going on, Stiles.'
'This again?' Stiles stood up. 'Hayley, why are we having this conversation again?'
'Because-'

'Hayley, everything's fine. Will you just relax?'
Everything's not fine. Hayley knew that. None of this was fine.
'I'm tired of fighting, Stiles.' The werewolf girl sighed.
'We're involved, Hayley. And I'm just trying to protect the one thing I can no longer live without...that's you.'
Hayley fought the urge to cry. She was close to it. She knew how much Stiles loved her but what he was doing now-hiding things from her...
That's what bothered her the most.

'I'm fine, Hayley. Everything's fine.'
'No it's not.' She stepped over to him. 'Stiles, just let me in. Please just let me help you.'
'I can't.'
'Do you really think I'll leave you like this? Do you really think I'll walk out?'

''Do you really think I'll leave you like this? Do you really think I'll walk out?'

Stiles opened his mouth to say something but then closed it again...
He knows how much he's hurting Hayley right now...
He doesn't want to but he has to protect her.
'You want to go out tonight? Maybe it would get your mind off of all of this.'
'Okay. Let's do it. After all, it is Friday night.'