Twenty Eight//Returning🎀

Ruth
‡‡‡‡‡

Everything finally came to an end. We packed our bags and everything we brought along with us, prepared ourselves to leave. I can't say I've learnt a lot from here,made quite a few memories I'd be taking home with me.

Though,from day one to the very last day everything was fun and exciting,but I couldn't help but feel sad. I finally reached the the end of Gideon's Therapeutic procedures. What it simply means is that everything we've built as doc and patient or client had to come to an end.

I had to make him feel as comfortable as possible before finally dissolving everything. It felt like an heartbreak, actually it always does, every time. Honestly,that's what the job,my job, demands.

The satisfaction I can say I've received after everything,is knowing the fact that he's evolved from the grumpy guy with nightmares to the ever smiling cute guy he is today.

If there's anything I'd forever be keeping dear to my heart is every conversation we've ever had.

Truth is, whether I admit it or not,I've been the one learning from him and not the other way round.

Before I dissolved the whole thing, I lead him to an idle conversation,were we talked about how we started on the wrong foot to the slow progress, finally the arguments and finally were we are now. He isn't where he needs to be but where we ought to be. Actually that goes for everyone of us, baby steps are what usher us to where we want to be.

We walked into the bus that was arranged to take us home. Everything has just been a field trip for me,as usual I'm not speaking for everyone, just myself.

Jasmina and myself sat together as usual, David and Gideon sat together at the seat just in front of us and Aunt Femi and Kiki sat together,way in front, far from all of us. Very far.

David was on his game as usual, fingers ever clicking on the buttons as usual. He clicked on his buttons finally died. His face was quick to reveal his disappointment when the battery died. Even Gideon saw the disappointment on his face.

"Hey, little man." An attempt to talk to him.
David stares and then looks away.
"What?" Rudely responds.
"During my time we didn't have much of that." Refers to the game.
"Have what?"
He points at his game box.
" During your time you didn't have any of these!" Well I guess no one can ever tame the devil in him aside from his mom.
"Yeah, maybe,but we had something similar to that, maybe not that complex like yours." A smart reply as always. I see no reason why he should even be trying to have a conversation with David when he knows he's gonna be disrespected by him.
"Ah okay!" Says showing signs of boredom, particularly to what Gideon just said.

It's cute knowing he's trying to have a conversation with David,but then it's also something dumb and something I know I wouldn't waste my time doing.

While Gideon battles to have a conversation with David, I'm tired of listening to Jasmina. She finds it adorable that Gideon is having a great time (a bad one actually), with her kid and she can't help but bother me about what she's seeing.

∞∞∞∞∞

Got back to town safe,glad about that.
Jasmina resumed work at her pastry shop, David joined his school mates back at school;he had a lot to tell them. I resumed work alongside everyone that went with us,for those who didn't,those that went on the trip had enough gossips and goodies to share.