Sixteen// Illness🎀

Ruth
   ‡‡‡‡‡

The weekend was too fast for my liking. It was one of the dullest weekends I'd ever had. I never enjoyed it;the stress of the week followed me to the weekend.

Well, it was Monday,the first working day of the week and I had caught a flu. Missing work wasn't my thing but I guess a day off wouldn't be that bad after all I already had much on my mind already and work right now would just add up to the problems and I already had.

The empty house was beginning to bore me and its just been  30minutes since Jasmina left for work alongside David. Staying at home and this flued quarantine thing wasn't my thing and was definitely making me feel useless.

From reading to watching TV, I felt really bored and I couldn't go outside cause of the fear of further spreading my illness with other people or worsening the current matter at hand. I tried entertaining myself with board games but it's a boring thing to do alone.

I was left to enjoy the comfort of myself; something that wasn't working out that well for me,and to enjoy the company of my diary.
Well I can boastfully say I'm kinda an old fashion person. I still carried a diary around,where I keep records of big happenings in my life. Jointing down events concerning my life has been an habit for me and its something I've been doing like forever, I guess.

I can say I started this diary thing when I was probably 3 and it was influenced by my father,who now I'm honestly trying to forget cause he was one of the factors that ruined my almost perfect childhood.

All my life I've wanted to have that complete family,with my both parents in it. Dad left in pursuit of his own happiness,when we needed him the most and even though I can say I've been able to get over him, memories of him still clings on me.

He's being the most recent topic. I can recall having a conversation with with uncle Ben, last week if I'm not mistaking and the issue of Him was raised.

It was a regular Monday like this one and uncle Ben video called on Skype to inquire about how we were fairing over here. The conversation was going smooth and fine until the topic of dad was brought up.

Honestly I'm missing uncle Ben right now, mostly now I need someone to talk to about how I feel, maybe giving him a call wouldn't be a bad idea.

Well,after few minutes of pondering,I video call him.
"Good morning, miss beautiful!" He gives my a teasing greeting. I smile.
"Morning uncle." I greet him back.
I can see he's not alone in his room. My godmother is also there with. The couple has been out of the country for a while now,both travelled abroad some months back with his health as the initial motivate.
"I can see you're looking all better now?". I say,his health improvements are very much visible. I can see his belly is much bigger than than before and his looking more handsome than before.
"Of course I am." He's a bit boastful than usual.
"My wife over here, your godmother's taking good care of me." He teases his wife. She blushes.
"Your uncle over here is really something else." She smiles.
"Are u guys on your second honey moon?" I teasingly ask. Laughter erupts from all sides.
"With her, everyday is heaven!" He can be really sweet but that doesn't mean he ain't strict.

She excuses herself and leaves us to talk to each other.

"So why are you not at work today?" He notices that I'm not at work and he knows missing work isn't my thing.
"I caught a flu,I feel terrible!"
"Hmm... just a flu and you're already feeling terrible."
"I think the flu's just a way of saying don't be a workaholic!" He's about to start his talk about how much the health is important.
"I know,I was thinking the same thing." I couldn't help but agree with him.
"Your eyes even look pale,shows you've not been getting enough sleep. Don't overwork yourself trying to serve you patients." He's mood changes from his usual fun side to a more serious one.
" I wish sleeping and resting was as easy as it seems." I whisper to myself.
" Just try not to overwhelm yourself." Gives the fatherly advice.
"So where's my grandson?" Changes topic,implies to David.
"He's in school."I answer.
"Hope you're both getting along well?" He knows that's something that's not gonna happen.
"Who? David?"
"Not sure about that." My look changes to an annoyed one after calling his name.
"You're both like Tom and Jerry around the house!" He erupts to laughter.
"Who's Tom?" I already knew the answer to that.
"Ehmm,you!" He had to clear his throat first before he could say the you.
"Why do I get to be the iconic villain?" In the entire cartoon series life hasn't been fair to Tom and Jerry has always been the one having the upper hand;him saying I was Tom didn't go down well with me,I preferred being Jerry.