Chapter: 120 Hook, Line, Sinker, Goner

I was sent to the gallows with a noose tied around my neck and my hands tied behind my back

I was sent to the gallows with a noose tied around my neck and my hands tied behind my back. There were silver shackles locked onto my ankles as well so I couldn't run.

No, I'm exaggerating. I was sent to the washroom to brush my teeth. My Ma said my breath stank, so she didn't want to talk and inhale what I was eating last night. I feel like that was a bit rude because I brushed my teeth last night. Anyway, I finished brushing and lingered around in my room for a bit. What the hell were they doing here? I mean the surprise is nice. That's if they came down to congratulate me on my win. They broke into my house last night. Or maybe it was this morning while I was still sleeping. Well, I wouldn't call it a break-in if I gave my mom the code and key. So, I don't know.

"Imanuella!"

My Ma called out. I don't know if it's a bad call or a good call. There was no malice to her tone. But her facial expression said otherwise when she sat at the table.

"Imanuella, we need you out here! Now!

"C... coming!" I responded. "Dammit." I hissed to myself, scratching the back of my neck. I looked down and saw the fidget toy Nikki got for me. I picked it up and squeezed it tightly. I took another deep breath then turned and headed out the door.

As I approached the living room. I took a long look at everyone sitting at the table. I don't think they're here to congratulate me. Mind you, they're all sitting on one side of the table. While my chair is on the opposite side. This looks more like a courtroom than my kitchen. Felicia and Selena were on the jury. Tamara the judge. And Terri, my mom the executioner. And believe me just because she's my mom doesn't mean she won't cut my head off nice and clean. And chances are she'll allow Maya to play soccer with it in the end.

"What um... what are you guys doing here?" I ask, standing behind the chair and squishing and popping the fidget toy with nervousness.

"Come sit down."

She spoke with calmness to her tone as she motioned to the chair in front of me on the other side of the table. I glanced at Tamara then looked back at my mom as she kept her straight face. I'm sure she had the pleasure of placing that lone chair right in front of her. It was always eye contact with my mom. She had to look into your eyes. She had to reach into your soul when she was talking to you.

"Maybe she should have breakfast first. Relax a bit. Then we can chat about things." Felicia suggested.

"Iman sit down." She ignored her suggestion not taking her eyes off me. She leaned forward entwining her fingers and placing her hands on the table. I dug my fingernails into the fidget toy gritting my teeth together hoping that whatever is wrong... if something is wrong... it's not going to get me into trouble.

I pulled the chair out and scooted into it. I tried to tuck myself in silence. But the sound of the chair legs dragging on the ground created the only noise in the room. I held onto the squishy toy underneath the table. Fidgeting nonstop. I tried to read everyone's expressions but there was nothing there except blank faces.