Chapter 20 Gone

It was getting close to sundown when Thomas, Teresa and I were taken out of the pit by 'Gallys goons' as Minho liked to call them. We were dragged towards the cold maze doors that had stakes propped up in front of them. I looked over to Minho worried and he gave me a reassuring nod in response. The Gladers were gathering around, some of them were holding machetes and spears. It was quite terrifying. Thomas's legs were dragging along the ground as he was pulled in front of the doors along with Teresa.

Gally's eyes were fixated on me, my heart was pounding out of my chest "what are you doing" i mouthed at him silently pleading for him to stop "what i have to" he mouthed back "this is such a waste" he suddenly spoke up "gally, this doesn't feel right man" Winston spoke shaking his head at gally "yea what if Thomas is right, what if he can lead us home gally" Jeff explained trying to talk some type of sense into him which i was grateful for "we are home okay I don't wanna have to cross anymore names off that wall" gally says through gritted teeth "you really think banishing us is gonna do anything?" Teresa snarkly remarked "no this isn't a banishing its an offering" he states simply "what!" Her squeaking voice shrieked "what are you doing gally?!" I yelled from behind everyone but he just ignored me "wait gally what are you doing" she screamed thrashing desperately trying to get the Glader off her that was now tying her to one of the poles "do you really think I'm gonna let Thomas back into the maze after what he's done?! Look around you! Look at our glade! This is the only way. And when the grievers get what they came here for...everything goes back to the way it was" gally hollers at the Gladers making stern eye contact with me, out the corner of my eye i saw Minho and newt discreetly look at each other, i was starting to get anxious.

"ARE YOU LISTENING TO THIS! WHY ARE YOU ALL STANDING THERE HE'S CRAZY!" She screamed at everyone, her voice was starting to piss me off and as if gally had taken the words out of my mouth he told her to shut up but she kept going "the grievers are gonna come back and they're gonna come back every night until you're all dead!"

"SHUT UP, TIE HIM UP" gally shouts gesturing towards the guy who was holding Thomas "DID YOU HEAR WHAT I SAID, TIE HIM UP'' reluctantly two Gladers who were now dragging him towards one of the other stakes suddenly Thomas 'wakes up' and leg sweeps one of them and hit the other one over the head. With the pole that was on the ground, Newt grabs his machete and bashes another gladder over the head with the handle of it and Minho puts the blade of his warningly on Gallys shoulder.

i hook my leg around the Glader that was holding me and leg swept him into the ground and ran over to Thomas, making sure I maintained eye contact with gally the whole time "FRY CUT HER DOWN" i yell back at him who was now cutting the rope that was holding Teresa up, Thomas held his spear up defensively at Gally "your full of surprises aren't you" gally says to Thomas but gives me the side eye, i feel so guilty it's starting to cause a dull ache, i need him to come with us "you don't have to come with us but we are leaving, anyone else who wants to come now's your last chance" some of the boys wavered a bit and took a step towards up "don't listen to him he's just trying to scare you" gally said as he puts his arm out to stop them from walking over to us

"no i'm not trying to scare you, you're already scared alright I'm scared.. but I'd rather risk my life out there then spend the rest of it in here. We don't belong here okay this place isn't our home, we were put here.. we were trapped here at least out there we'll have a choice we can make it out of here i know that" Thomas retorts and lowers his spear a little, gally stayed silent as some of the boys from behind him joined us one of them being Aiden i froze as i saw him walk over to join us. I had forgotten about him somehow.

"Gally its over, just come with us." Thomas pleaded with him i was silently begging him to come with us, i needed him "good luck against the grievers" he says shutting his eyes tightly and looking away from me, that sent me over the edge, i refuse to leave without him "Gally" i called to him as i pushed past the sea of boys to get to him.