Chapter 2 - An Entrance

"I don't think so," Edmund shook his head. "I'm pretty sure she came a bit later than us last time, too." Yet, everyone could tell that all three of them hoped you'd show up. The sooner the better.

-~:~-

Your body felt water all around it, yet it didn't tell your mind. Your mind was on an adventure of its own.

You charged on your horse into battle, Peter beside you on his unicorn. You fell off your horse and had to fight on on foot.

You stabbed a man and suddenly found yourself on another battlefield, fighting against the Telmarines. The life left his eyes.

A woman came in front of your eyes, a child on her lap. They were both crying. Then they saw you and rage and fear were written all over their faces. "You killed daddy!" the little boy cried, pointing at you. "You're a monster!"

You drew in a sharp breath and instantly felt water going down your throat. Your eyes snapped open and instinctively, you started to swim to the surface. When you arrived, you gasped for air and coughed out all the water that had gone down the wrong pipe.

A shadow loomed over you and only then did you notice the ship you were floating next to. After a moment of thinking about what you should do, you decided to swim close enough to the ship and hold on to it, going on with it without anyone spotting you. Of course, you wanted to go on the ship but it would've been foolish, considering you didn't know if the people were friendly or not.

Next, although your mind and heart were both racing, you noticed your clothes. It wasn't a dress and you thanked Your Father in your head for that. A dress wasn't definitely the thing you'd like to wear while on a sea voyage. Instead, you wore brown pants and a white shirt tucked into it, the type you could loosen and tighten in the upper part with a string, and on top was a leather vest.

Laughter reached your ears and you could also hear something like swords clashing. Seems like a friendly duel, you thought.

Then you heard clapping and it seemed as if the duel had ended. "You've grown stronger, my friend," you heard someone say. The voice seemed rather familiar and yet, it wasn't.

"Seems I have," another voice answered. Now, you were pretty sure you recognized this one but since it could've been your mind playing tricks on you, you decided to wait a little longer before pulling yourself on board. Well, as long as you could, since it was getting rather cold in the water and it would've taken a lot of energy to heat your body up while it was constantly being cooled down from the outside.

"All right, back to work," an authoritative voice announced.

That was probably the captain, you thought to yourself.

For a bit, you couldn't make out what anyone was saying but then you heard a familiar voice from right above you. "Edmund," Lucy said. Your heart leapt with joy and started pounding faster. There was no doubt that the people on the ship were friendly now but still! It was the Pevensies! "Do you think if we keep sailing until the end of the world, we'll just... tip off the edge?"

While Lucy talked, you were busy conjuring a rope and letting it slither up to the railing and wrapping around it noticeably. "Don't worry, Lu, we're a long way from there," Edmund said. You tugged on the rope before leaning your feet on the boat's side and starting to climb up.

"I see you're still taking nonsense, the two of you," a voice spoke. As you were climbing, still going unnoticed, you analyzed the voice. For an instance, it seemed as if you recognized it - like you had heard it a lifetime ago. The next second you realized how annoying it sounded.

"Are you feeling better?" Lucy inquiered. You were about to wrap your arms around the reiling.

"Yes, no thanks to you," the boy answered.

"I wouldn't be so sure," you said, your head coming to look over the edge. "You don't seem like the type to handle an unfamiliar land very well." The boy screeched and pushed himself off the reiling, looking at you in shock. Edmund choked on his drink and Lucy gasped.

"Edmund, Lucy," you nodded in greeting, heaving yourself over and instantly warming up your body and clothes. You saw a mouse behind them. "Reepicheep." The mouse nodded to you before going on to talk with the boy who had scrambled away as soon as you appeared.

"Y/n!" Lucy exclaimed, hugging you while Edmund chuckled.

"Still know how to make an entrance, don't you?" he asked, also hugging you.

You grinned. "So who won?" you asked, also leaning against the reiling now. The others seemed rather confused. "The duel," you explained. "I heard there was one."

"Oh, it was a draw," the same familiar-yet-unfamiliar voice spoke up. The first one you had heard and made out since your time here.

You turned to face the person who had spoken. "Caspian," you grinned, hugging him. "What happened to your accent?"

"You hear an accent all around you, you start to use it," he shrugged. "Anyway, we're glad you're here."

"I'm glad to be here. What's the reason?" you inquired. There usually was one.

"We don't know," Lucy answered instead of him.

"Hm," you hummed. "That's interesting. How much time has passed?"

"A year for us and three years here," Edmund informed.

"Long story short," Caspian took over the explanation. "There's peace all over Narnia and we're looking for some of my father's most loyal followers."

"Alright," you nodded. "Seems reasonable."

"Land ho!" you all heard a shout and quickly made your way up the stairs to where the captain was.