Chapter 12 - Nowhere

You were half way up the stairs when the Dawn Treader rode all the way up to a wave and then down from there. You felt water surrounding you. You weren't sure if it was the wave, though. It felt more... still. Slowly, darkness came over you and since you could no longer hear anything to keep you up, you gladly gave in to it.

-~:~-

The next morning, Edmund and Caspian trudged back onto the wet deck only to be met with somewhat clear skies. Lucy came to walk beside them almost immediately. "Has anyone seen Y/n? She was still out when I went to sleep."

The boys shook their heads. "Drinian!" Caspian called to the man who had just passed them. He earned his attention. "Have you seen Y/n?"

"No one saw anything in the rain that fell during the night," Drinian spoke grimly. "But I haven't, no."

The three remaining rulers looked at each other with wide eyes. Could it be...? "No," Edmund denied what they all were thinking. "It can't- She wouldn't- How-"

"Deep breaths, Ed," Lucy instructed while Caspian told Drinian he can go back to work. "We haven't checked everywhere yet. Come on."

-<>-

They had searched everywhere they could possibly think of. You were nowhere to be found and by the time they finished, the skies had cleared up and they neared what seemed to be an island. "Maybe Y/n swam there?" Lucy asked hopefully, refusing to give up. Edmund nodded lightly. You better have swum there or he wouldn't know what he would do with himself.

So, a small group set off to go to the land. They doubted the Lords would've gone there but well, they should search the land anyway. For three reasons. One, of course, the possibility of you being there. Second - it was a new place. It's an adventurer's duty to discover the unknown. And three - if there was any food or water, they'd need it.