Part Seven

You were sitting on the balcony of your room, staring out at the city. It was already somewhere around midnight.

You were thinking about your relationship with Steve, wondering how you got yourself in that situation in the first place. In the beginning, he seemed too perfect, the America's golden boy as people called him. He charmed you the first time he stepped foot in your work place.

A month later, you discovered not everything was what it seemed like. He hit you the first time after the first month of your relationship and then he promised it won't happen again. But then, it did.

You were too deep in your thoughts to realize the door opened and someone walked inside your room.

"Y/N?" You heard Tony calling for you and you quickly wiped off your tears.

"I'm out here!"You told him and heard his footsteps getting closer until he walked outside on the balcony.

"There you are."He smiled at you."How are you?"

"I'm fine, thanks." You told him before you saw something in his hands."What's that?"

"Just something to help you feel better." He said and sat down next to you, placing a bottle of whiskey and two glasses between the two of you before he started to open the bottle.

"I, uh... I don't drink." You said, making Tony look up at you as he poured the whiskey in one glass, before he took the other one.

"You should try it." Tony said. "It's gonna help you."

You took the glass in your hand before looking weirdly at the liquid inside.

Tony noticed and downed his glass in one gulp. "What, one more rule Cap has you follow?" He asked, making you look at him. He shook his head."I'm sorry. But you should really try and relax."

"You're right." You said before bringing the glass up to your lips. You closed your eyes and tried the alcohol, while Tony watched you with an amused smile. Your face scrunched up when you tried it and Tony laughed.

"Like it?"

"It's... it's too strong." You said, gasping for breath.

"You get used to the taste after some time." Tony told you.

"Right. Why are you here, except to help me make bad decisions?" You asked him and Tony shrugged as he turned to look at you and the moonlight illuminating your face.

"To check on you. See how you're doing." He said.

"Well... I'm doing fine, thank you." You said with a smile.

"Are you?" Tony asked as he downed another glass. "You look like you're everything but fine."

"Wow, thank you." You said.

"You know what I mean. How much longer are you going to allow him to do this?" He asked you.

"What do you mean?"

"You can stop acting stupid, Y/N." He said, making you breath out as you looked back to the street, twirling the glass in your hands.

"So... you know." You realized.

"Yes, I do. I saw your bruises, the way you act around him, and everything else. If I knew this job would've caused you this much harm, I would never offer you this."

"No, don't blame yourself." You said and placed your hand on top of his, making Tony stop everything he was doing to look at you. "It would've been the same."

He licked over his lower lip, shaking his head. "Why do you let him do this?"

"I... " You looked down to the ground, tears filling your eyes. "I loved him."