Part Twenty Eight

Later that day, you were finished with all of your responsibilities in the city and were about to go back to the Avengers facility when you realized you still needed to go the pharmacy to get your birth control pills.

As you were coming out of the pharmacy, you saw a small girl with her mother making their way towards the same pharmacy. A smile spread across your face when you realized the woman was Miranda's daughter, the one working in the restaurant with her family.

"Y/N!" She recognized you and was quick to make her way to you, wrapping you in a hug.

"Hey." You smiled at the woman and the toddler as well. "What are you guys doing here?"

"My daughter's been sick. We're here to pick up something for her. How have you been, it's been days since we last saw you."

"I'm fine." You smiled at her before opening your bag and taking a lollipop for the small girl, offering it to her. "Here. This is for you."

"Thank you." She told you before taking off the packaging and placing the candy in her mouth.

You looked back to her mother and smiled. "How's the work going?"

She let out a breath before speaking."We'll have to close the restaurant."

"What? Why?" You asked her.

"There's too many problems." She explained everything that was going on to you before her daughter started getting irritated and they had to leave. After saying goodbye to them, you made your way back to the facility.

As soon as you stepped in, you saw Rhodey. He was sat in the living room and watched TV.

"Hey, Y/N, you're back." He greeted you.

"I just got back. Where's Tony?"

"Still in the meeting room with Pepper. He was yelling at her just a few minutes ago."

"Do you think I should go and check it out?" You asked and Rhodey shrugged.

"I don't know. I'll come with you." He got up from his seat and followed you to the meeting room.

You waited a few moments in front of the door, hearing their voices inside, and you opened them.

As soon as you saw Pepper and Tony, your heart stopped, harsh pain in your chest barely letting you breathe.

"Tony!" Rhodey called out, his eyes widened at the sight of Tony and Pepper kissing.

Tony quickly pushed Pepper away, and you almost cried when you saw her lipstick smudged on his lips. His gaze focused on you and you watched as he slowly realized what was happening.

He saw you pushing past Rhodey and rushing out of the room. "Y/N, wait! It's not what it looks like!" He said, but you were already running up the stairs towards his room.

"What did you do?" Rhodey asked him, still standing in his place in shock.

"It's not what it looks like." Tony said again, pushing Pepper completely away before running after you.

Rhodey let out a sigh. "I'd wish you good luck, but even that's not helping you now."

Tony reached his room in seconds and he went to open the door, only to find it locked. "Y/N! Open up."

"No!" He heard you say from inside and he knocked on the door again.

"Please, angel." He pleaded, but you still weren't opening the door. He could hear you walking inside the room and his fists were now banging on the door. "Open up. It's not what you think it was."