Part Twenty Nine

You spent that night in Natasha's room. She spent almost the whole day yesterday trying to calm you down while you cried. So, the next day, when you came out for breakfast, you were glad Tony wasn't there to see your red eyes.

But, your happiness didn't last long.

When you finished breakfast and were about to leave, you ran into Tony, almost bumping in his chest.

"Y/N." He whispered out, thinking you were gone from the facility.

When you looked up at him, you saw he didn't look much better than you. His eyes were red, and he looked like he didn't sleep the whole night.

"Can we please talk?" He asked you, but the expression on your face never changed.

"We can't, Anthony." You replied and the rest of the team took sharp breaths.

"Not the first name." Sam mumbled out, while you pushed past Tony and made your way up the stairs again.

The same treatment continued through the rest of the week and Tony finally had enough. He was being nice to you long enough, and it got him nowhere.

When Natasha walked into his room when he had came out of the shower, his patience simply disappeared.

"Hey." The redhead smiled at him before gesturing to the closet. "Y/N asked me to grab some stuff for her."

Tony had moved all of your clothes from the suitcases and back into the closet. He organized your vanity all by himself, even though he didn't know what half of the stuff you had there was for.

He was drying his hair with the towel when Natasha said it. "So she couldn't come here by herself?"

That was the first time he saw the spy stutter over her words. "I - I just -"

"Don't bother." Tony interrupted before grabbing the clothes Natasha had in her hands. "I'll go give it to her myself."

"Tony, don't!" Natasha rushed out of the room after him.

As soon as they stepped out in the hall, they saw Steve. He looked confused when Tony rushed past him, and he looked at Natasha. "What's going on?"

Natasha saw him enter your room and grimaced. "They're going to kill each other."

"Lock down the room, Friday." Tony said, seeing you sat on a chair in front of the window and reading a book. He threw the shirt at you, but you didn't even flinch. In fact, you didn't even look up from your book. "Do you think you can ignore all of your problems in life like that?"

He saw you rub your temples, while still holding the book with your other hand.

"Answer me!"He said just as the loud sound of thunder could be heard outside.

"Please close the door from the other side, Anthony. You're disturbing me."You said calmly and that made him snap.

He grabbed the book out of your hands, making you protest. "Don't you dare call me Anthony again."

You looked at his face as the sound of rain followed after the thunder."Or what?"

"I'm not Anthony to you." He said, holding the book above your reach."You never call me that."

"I am now. Can I have my book back?"He looked down at your open palm, expecting him to place the book in it.

"You'll listen to me now!" He said, while you rolled your eyes again.

"I don't care. Give me my book or I'll leave."

Tony had enough. He opened the window and threw the book outside on the rain. "There. No book anymore."