Draco (dad)

I watch him trudge back upstairs. I let out a breathe and stare over the sink. I had gotten news earlier in the day that my father had recently passed away. He was stuck in Azkaban for about 15 years now. I wasn't upset that he was sent to Azkaban but this had me stressed out.

I hear someone behind me again. I turn thinking it might be Scorpius again but instead it's my wife.

"Are you still thinking about him?" She asks.

She knows about my father and she knows how stressed I'd been. I didn't have a lie for her.

"I guess," I say.

She comes up to me and wraps her arms around my neck. I grasp he by the waisted and hold her close.

"I know this is hard for you but you haven't seen him in years," she says.

Something inside of me breaks right then.

"Maybe that's why it hurts. He's still my father and I hadn't seen him in fourteen years," I say.

"Keeping count?" She asks.

"You aren't. You haven't seen your mother in fourteen years. For all we know she could still be alive," I say instantly regretting it.

I see something inside her that shows how much thought she's put into this. She swiftly looks at the ground.

"I'm sorry," I say pulling back into a hug,"there's no reason to worry."

"We'll be ok," she says as we head back upstairs to our room.

Just some fluff. Thx for reading. Love their relationship.