Chapter 3

Chrissy , went into the forest to meet Eddie. She heard a clock ticking.

"Hello?" she called out, and turned around to find a clock in a tree. She looked at it, and stepped towards it slowly. It chimed even louder the closer she got, and the glass on the clock shattered.

Spiders crawled out of the broken clock, and she whimpered and backed up and ran right into someone.

"Whoa, hey, Hey, hey. Sorry. Didn't mean to scare you." He looked at her and noticed she looked scared.

"You okay?"

She looked back and the clock and spiders were gone.

He put a box on the bench table, as Chrissy sat down. He took off his jacket, he noticed she didn't look too good.

"There's uh.. there's nothing to worry about. Okay? No one ever comes out here. We're safe. I promise." He opened his box, and waited.

"So, how does this work exactly?"

"Oh, just like any other old sale, except uh, cash only, and uh for obvious reasons, no receipts."
He looked at her again.

"I'll do you a half ounce for, uh... 20. What do you say? Plenty of bang for your buck. Should last a while."

She gasped and turned around when she heard something, but it was just a squirrel.

He closed the box.

"Hey uh, we don't need to do this. Just give me the word and I'll walk away. Okay?"

"It's not that. I don't want you to go. It's just... Do you ever feel like you're losing your mind?"

"Oh you know, just... on a daily basis." He laughed lightly.

"I feel like I'm losing my mind right now doing a drug deal with Chrissy Cunningham, the queen of Hawkins High."

He paused for a moment.

"You know this isn't the first time that we've, um... hung out."

"No?"

"You don't remember?"

"I'm sorry. I-"

"That's okay." He fake stabbed himself in the chest and threw himself on the ground.

"I wouldn't remember myself either Chrissy." He stood up and she laughed.

"Honestly, do I have stuff in my hair?" She chuckled at his dramatics.

"You don't remember me?" He turned around with his arms folded.

"I'm sorry." She chuckled.

"Middle school, talent show. You were doing this cheer thing. You know, the..." he moved his hands.
"The thing you do. It was pretty cool, actually. And I... I was with my band."

"Corroded coffin!" She called out, remembering.

"Corro- You do remember. "

"Oh my god! Yes, of course. With a Name like that how could I forget?"

"I dunno. You're a freak."

"No.. you just...you looked so-"

"Different? Yeah well uh, my hair was buzzed, and I didn't have these sweet old tatties yet." He pulled his shirt down to reveal a tattoo on his collarbone.

"You played guitar, right?"

"Uh-huh. Still do. Still do. You should come see us. Uh, we play at the Hideout on Tuesdays. It's pretty cool. We.. we actually get a crowd of about five drunks."