Chapter 31

"Woah, woah, woah, Eddie and Mira are wanted. We can't just go hike in the woods."

"This little steel capsule might be the key to saving both Max and Eddie. What say you, Eddie the Banished?"

Everyone turned to Eddie.

"I say you're asking me to follow you into Mordor, which, if I'm totally straight with you, I think is a really bad idea. But, uh, the shire... the Shire is burning."

Dustin jumped up and down.

Eddie stood up, and Mira sighed and stood up as well.

"So Mordor it is."

"What about you, Lady Akhor?"

"Why are we using D&D names? And I say that this is extremely stupid. But.. Fine."

Everyone followed Dustin.

"What is Mordor?" Steve asked himself.

Eddie went back for a second to grab his stuff.

"Get your stuff, dude. Let's go."

"You know, I'm still pissed about my cassettes." She told Steve.

"Oh my god would you just shut up?" Steve sighed and she gave him a smile.

"No can do."

—————————————————————————-

"You see that, Chief? Openly mocking us." Officer Callahan said in the car with Powell, someone was driving around after curfew.

"Stay calm. Stay calm."

"A bunch of angry, armed vigilantes are out hunting kids, openly defying us, and you want me to stay calm." He said, raising his voice.

"Stay calm. Yeah."

"Hey chief, you copy?" Someone on the radio said.

"Yeah, I copy."

"Found their station wagon hidden up by skull rock. No sign of them though."

"Skull rock?" Callahan asked.

"Yeah."

"Isn't that a make-out spot?"

"And a stones throw from Lovers Lake."

"The hell they wanna go back there for?"

"One way to find out. Hold tight. On our way."

—————————————————————————

Dustin ran, and the compass started to move in all directions faster.

"Somethings happening."

"Dustin? Can you slow down? Dustin?"

Mira tripped on a rock, and yelped.

"Ow, ow, ow, ow." She muttered.

"Dustin, Slow the fuck down!" She yelled, Steve coming back to help her up.

"I think we're getting close."

And just as Dustin was about to step right into lovers lake, Eddie put his hand around him and stopped him.

"Watch your step, big guy."

"Oh, man. You gotta be shitting me."

"Yeah."

"I thought these woods were familiar."

"Lovers lake."

"Whys it Called lovers lake? I mean, all people do is fish, I mean I have heard some stories from my friend and apparently her and her boyfriend fucked here so I'm guessing that's common if a place is called lovers lake."