Chapter 13

Lucas woke up to the sound of chattering and clattering.

"He sees all this? He sees us? He'll shit his pants and cry for mommy. This guys no fighter."

"Hope he tries something. Gives me a reason."

"Hell yeah." The guy who was speaking turned to see Lucas walking out.

"Well, well, look who's decided to join."

"What are you guys doing?" Lucas asked.

"We're gearing up. Preparing for the hunt."  He replied, Lucas stood and thought. This was all wrong, they all had Eddie wrong.

They continued to throw stuff in the trunk while Jason went up to Lucas.

"Hey, man. Relax. We're not killers like Eddie. We just wanna talk to him. Get him to admit his crime."

"Yeah, a little friendly neighborhood chat."

"Hey. You didn't know Chris. If you're not up to this, you can go home. There's no judgment.  You'll still be one of us, all right?"

"No. I'm good. I wanna help."

"All right." Jason pat his shoulder and went to get the rest of the stuff.

He knew in his mind that this was entirely wrong, Mira would be so disappointed. She taught him a lot about basketball and other things school wise, she helped him get good grades. This didn't seem fair to her. He would have to explain everything and apologize to her.

"Let's capture us a freak." Jason closed the trunk.

————————————————————

Meanwhile, Eddie was under the tarp while Mira sat around, fiddling with a pen she found and biting it.

Eddie got up, seeming alarmed.

"Eddie, what is it?" She asked and sighed as she got up from her spot.

"Sh-" he said, putting a finger to her mouth, she raised her eyebrows and slowly took his finger off her mouth.

"Shit. Oh shit."

The door opened and Eddie grabbed Mira and put her behind him protectively, she was shocked by his movement.

He held out the broken beer bottle.

"Jesus-!"

He realized it was just Dustin and everyone else, Dustin raised an eyebrow at why He had an arm around Mira as she stood behind him.

"Delivery service." Dustin said, holding bags out.

"What are you doing with your hands on her-" Steve started but she stumbled away from behind him with a slight blush creeping up her cheeks.

That didn't go unnoticed by Dustin.

"Oh seriously Steve? Cut it out man, I'm fine. I can protect myself." She muttered, sitting down on the place she was originally which was a table.

"So we got, uh, some good news and some bad news. How do you prefer it?"

"Bad news first always." Eddie said with honey combs in his mouth.

"Agreed." Mira chimed in.

"All right. Bad news. We talked into the Hawkins PD Dispatch with our Cerebro, and they're definitely looking for you. Also, they're uh, pretty convinced you killed Chrissy." Dustin said.

Mira also drunk a bottle of beer as well as ate nervously , both stress eaters it seemed.

"Like, 100% kind of convinced."