Chapter 12

"Fred!" Nancy called out, looking around her friend who seemed to just disappear.

She saw some people chilling and decided To ask if they've seen him.

"Hi. Uh, sorry have you seen my friend wandering around? Uh, nerdy, glasses, scar on his face?" She asked the two, sounding worried.

"No, sorry." The man said, she turned around and whipped her head to look for him.

She couldn't visibly see him, but she could see the same officer from earlier.

"Officer. Officer?"

"What are you still doing here?" He asked.

"My.. my friend from the car earlier, I... I can't find him."

"What do you mean you can't find him?"

"He was just there and then he was just gone and... did you maybe see him leave with somebody or...?" She clearly was worried for him.

"I told you kids to go home. Jesus Christ. This is Glenn. We might have a situation here." He said over the radio.

Fred ran, and he found himself standing in the middle  of the road.

There was a car in front of him, a car that looked way too familiar for him. He stood and watched as the flames danced around it, his eyes went wide in fear.

—————————————————————

"Her body just, like, lifted up into the air and, uh...And she just like, hung there. In the air. And her bones... uh, she." Eddie whimpered at the memory.

Mira put a hand on his shoulder, gripping it softly.

"Hey. It's okay. You don't need to go any further." She said, her voice quiet and sweet, sounding different than it usually did.

"It's fine- I'm- I'm fine." He sniffled and turned to look at her.

She has a soft glimmer in her eyes, it seemed in her nature to be like a caring person, much like a mother maybe. That's what she reminded everyone of.

"Her- her bones started to snap. Her eyes.. It was like there was something, like, inside her head, pulling."

His voice was full of sadness, and regret. Regret for not being there to know what the hell happened.

"I didn't know what to do, so I...I ran away. I left her there."

"Hey. Hey. It's okay. Don't blame yourself, it's not your fault, you have no clue how anything happened. It's not your fault." Mira said, Her voice soft but stern.

Eddie stared at her with literal heart eyes, and he had to force himself to look away.

He scoffed "You all think I'm crazy, right?"

"No. We don't think you're crazy cause some crazier weirder shit happened like these past 3 years and stuff-"

"Mira!" The other four said at the same time before she revealed anything else.

"I'm shutting up now. Lips zipped." She put her lips together and did a fake zipping motion.

"Don't bullshit me, man! I know how this sounds." His voice was broken.

"We're not bullshitting you."

"We believe you."

"What I'm about to tell you might be A little... difficult to take. You know how people say Hawkins is cursed? They're not way off." Dustin said, Mira stepped beside Dustin and stared at Eddie.

"There's another world."

Fred stepped towards the flames, he heard the screams again.

"There's another world beneath Hawkins.. sometimes it bleeds into ours."

"Like ghosts and shit?"

"Worse." Mira said, while sighing and throwing her arms up.

"Man I thought I was done with this shit." She complained.

———————————————————-

Fred saw his dad climb out of the car and reach out to him, he moaned in pain and tried to leave the burning car.

Fred fell back and hit a hard floor, he got up and quickly grabbed his glasses it seemed as if there was no escape.

———————————-
"These monsters from this other world... we thought they were gone. But they've come back before. That's why we needed to find you. If they're back again..." Dustin said to Eddie.

"We need to know." Max finished for him.

"I'm gonna be like 50 when this shit is done." Mira complained in the background, while she kicked over some boxes for fun.

Steve nodded and agreed.

——————————————-

"Fred." A dark voice said, Fred turned around to see a reflection of himself then a veiny, gooey creature pop out of the reflection.

——————————————-

"It would almost look like dust. Swirling dust" Dustin explained to Eddie.

"No, man, there was nothing you could see or, uh...or touch."

———————————————

The creature snarled and continued to walk closer to him, Fred tried to go as bfar back as the hard wall would let him.

"What do you want?" He whispered.

"I want you to join me."

"No, no, no, no, no, no."

The creature took its fingers above his head, and he started floating in the air.

———————————————-

"You know, I tried to wake her, man. She couldn't move. It was like she... she was in a trance or something."

"Or under a spell." Dustin and Mira said, the both of them looking at each other.

"A curse." They looked back to Eddie.

"Vecnas curse." Dustin said.

—————————————————-

Fred's bones started cracking while Vecna reached into His skull, then his body fell to the floor.

——————————————————

"Who's Vecna?" Steve asked.

"An undead creature of great power."

"A spell caster."

"A dark wizard."

"Why are we describing a murderer in D&D? It's cool though, I mean.." Mira mumbled.