Chapter 32

"Dustin, you are a goddamn Einstein. "Steve found the gate."

Mira smiled proudly.

"And who's the one who taught him? Oh, that's right, me!"

"Be quiet Mira." Nancy snapped, causing her smile to fall and mutter something incoherent.

Nancy didn't really like Mira, for a number of reasons. One being Jonathan used to date her, even though they were now nothing but friends, another being because she was "annoying" and another because she has no filter at all.

"Cops." Max said, her Lucas and Dustin hiding.

"Shit, shit. Cant let them find Eddie or Mira."

"Stay with me." Max said, standing up.

"Hey, officers!"

"Max!"

"Over here! I found the killers! This way!"

"Oh shit." Lucas and Dustin ran away.

"It's pretty wild. It's more a snack size gate than the mama gate. But still, it's pretty damn big."

In her head Mira definitely wanted to say something but shut her mouth before Nancy said anything again.

As much as she said she didn't care about those comments, she honestly, truly did. She cared about every little thing, every little comment, every thought.

Steve was pulled back down, Mira went over the boat and looked for him.

"Steve!" They all called out.

"Holy shit holy shit holy shit." Mira repeated and looked down, Eddie caught on and quickly repeated no, trying to grab her hand.

Mira dove in without any hesitation, Eddie reaching out to grab her hand before she did to try and stop her but it was too late.

"Mira, Steve!!"

"No, no, no! What the hell was that man?" Eddie said.

"Jesus Christ! Jesus Christ." Eddie panicked.

Mira saw him go in the gate, and swam faster.

She went in and saw him being pulled, then she stepped on a vine and yelped as she was also pulled down to the floor and dragged.

"Mira. Mira." He said, trying to reach out for her.

Nancy looked Down.

"Wait, you're not going down there are you?" Eddie asked.

"Just- wait here!"

She went in, Robin screamed no, but it was once again too late.

"Goddamnit!"

"Steve! Steve!" Mira called out as he was pulled into a whole pile of vines.

She was pulled into the same pile, right next to him.

They both yelled, out of fear and pain.

Dustin fell and was caught by one of the cops, then Lucas and max went back to help and they were caught as well.

Robin sat on the edge.

"No, no, no, no. What are you doing? She said wait."

"Yeah I heard her."

"She's in charge."

"Are you kidding me? I made that shit up."

Robin held her nose and went back.

"Goddamn it! Son of a bitch! Oh this is so stupid. This is so stupid. This is so stupid. Shit! Shit! Shit!" Eddie dove in.

Things started to calm down, Mira and Steve caught up on their breathing.