Chapter 8

The basketball team waited outside while Jason was being questioned. They had partied at Bennys abandoned restaurant . Poor guy.

"Hey. Look, I'm sure it's nothing, all right? Probably the neighbors complained about the noise or some shit." One said to Lucas, he seemed off..

"You all right?"

"Yeah. I'm good." He nodded.

Meanwhile, Chief Powell was questioning Jason.

"And you were here all night?" He asked.

"Yes. Ask anyone."

"Oh, we will, but thank you for the suggestion." Officer Callahan said, very sarcastically.

"I see a whole lot of beer around. You have fun last night?"

"What, you gonna arrest me for drinking?"

"It is against the law, so we could. Should we?" Chief Powell looked to Callahan.

"I'd vote for trespassing, myself. I don't think Benny's family would be too thrilled to see what you've done to his place." Officer Callahan looked around before turning back to Jason.

"Yo, people been using this shithole for years, man. Act like you guys didn't know."

"What about your girlfriend? She party here last night?"

Jason looked confused.

"Chrissy? No."

"That's odd, what with her being your girlfriend and all."

"Why are you asking about Chris?" He sounded a little confused and his voice changed.

"When's the last time you talked to her?"

"After the game."

Chief Powell and him held eye contact for a moment. And Jason started to grow worried.

"This.. this doesn't have to do with that dead student does it?" He leaned forward in his chair.

"What did Chrissy say when you talked to her?"

"Well, sh-she...I mean, she said she was gonna go home, get changed, something like that." His voice shook.

"Did she mention anything about buying drugs for the party?" Officer Callahan asked.

"Drugs? No. No way. Chrissy doesn't mess with that crap." Jason defended, Raising his voice slightly.

"Maybe someone talked her into it."

"No. She's- she's straight as an arrow."

"What about Eddie Munson? Ever seen her talking to him?"

"That freak? No. No way."

Powell and Callahan looked at each other, Callahan writing something down while Powell turned back to Jason. Powell cleared his throat.

Jason was now scared of what he was gonna say.

"Wait, what...what does Eddie have to do with all this? Did that freak hurt her?"

Powell or Callahan didn't answer.

"He hurt Chrissy?" His voice broke.

"Did he hurt Chrissy?" Jason yelled this time, none of them answered. He didn't need an answer.

Eddie killed Chrissy. At least that's what he thought

Jason ran outside.

"Jason, hey, man, you all right?"