Chapter 24

Max called for help, but no answer. She saw red fog, and decided to walk into it.

Dustin dumped out every single cassette that they had available, grabbing them and running to her.

Max saw a bunch of tall like buildings, and she didn't have much options but to go towards it.

"What is this?" Lucas asked Dustin.

"Her songs. What's her favorite song?"

"Why? Why?"

"Robin said if she- it's too much to explain right now! What is her favorite song?"

There was a clock chiming, it floated in the air. Max looked around. Stairs, a door.

"What are you doing in here, Max?"

Max stepped on something, it made a popping sound and she looked down to see tiny baby spiders crawling out.

"Come back to me."

Chrissy's dead body was behind her, she backed up against it and stared in horror. Then she looked opposite and it had Dj's body, she was wondering how she didn't throw up right then and there. Then it was Fred's.

"How do you like them, Max?" Vecna said, stepping towards her.

"Would you like to join them?"

"W.A.S.P? Ozzy Osbourne? Dio?! What the fuck! Her shit must've gotten mixed with Mira's!" Steve said, groaning and throwing Mira's cassettes out of the way and probably damaging some. Oops. He'd buy her new ones anyways.

Max tried to run away but Vecna used a tentacle and grabbed her ankles, pulling her.

"No! No! No!" She screamed, she was pulled to one of the things that Dj, Chrissy and Fred were on and her hands were bound now.

One tentacle went around her neck, she whimpered as Vecna stood in front of her.

"Which one is it?"

"Lucas which one is it?"

"Ok!"

"What's her favorite song?"

They all tried to look for it, while also throwing Mira's cassettes which she was bound to yell at them for, but she would probably just let it slide since it was to save Max.

(Steve would still be buying her new ones.)

Max choked, and whimpered while everyone panicked.

"It's right here! Got it!"

"Give it to me."

"Go, go, go!"

Lucas handed it to Dustin, and he put the headphones on her and played it.

Running up that hill by Kate Bush played in the distance. And Max could see an opening, and heard her friends calling for her.

"They can't help you Max. There's a reason you hide from them. You belong here, with me."

She coughed before speaking "You're not really here."

"Oh, but I am, Max. I am."

It's you and me, won't be unhappy.

Her body started to float, and Vecna reached his fingers out to her just like he did the rest of his victims.

And if I only could I'd make a deal with god. And I'd get him to swap our places. I'd be running up that road. Be running up that hill. Be running up that building.

She looked back to her friends again, as they shouted to her.

"I don't want a letter. We're right here. I'm right here."

She remembered everything, to her and Lucas, her, Eleven and Mira at the mall, Mike, Dustin, Lucas, Will, Mira and Max going trick or treating.

Let me steal this moment from you now. Come on, baby, come on darling.

Let me steal this moment from you now. Come on, angel. Come on, come on, darling.

She remembered every good thing that has happened. Meeting her friends was the best thing that's happened to her in her life.

"Max!"

She somehow escaped, and reached for Vecnas throat, making him cut her out of his tendrils.

He grunted and was struggling, Max saw the opening and ran.

Pieces of the weird fog world fell down, she fell and quickly got back up.

And if I only could I'd make a deal with god. And I'd get him to swap our places.

Mira and Max cried out Billy's name as he was stabbed, Mira being held back by her brother quickly.

"No.."

No matter what, the girl seemed to always lose her best friends, well, older best friends that is.

Once everything was over, she took one last look at the mall and her brother hugged her a little too tightly, whispering how he's sorry and he'll take her home.

Before she got in the car, she went up to Max and hugged her, wordlessly.

Max wished it was her that day, they both did honestly.

I'd be running up that road, running up that hill. No problems.

She ran, dodging whatever he was throwing at her.

She reached the light, and her eyes went open. She fell down.

"Max! Oh my god."

Max was hyperventilating, as Lucas held her in his arms.

"I thought we lost you."

"I'm still... I'm still here."

"Oh shit."

"I'm still here."

————————————————————————

Mira bit her nails nervously, and hoped that Max was safe.

Her legs bounced up and down, and she just stared and had hope, she felt sick. She would feel even more sick if Max wasn't safe.

"Hey. She's safe. She has to be. I'm sure they found out some way."

She didn't say anything, she didn't want to rely on hope in case she actually was dead. It would crush her even more.

Eddie didn't really know what to say or what to do, he wasn't the best at emotions.

(An: I'm telling you he has autism. I'm on the autism spectrum so he's on the autism spectrum/hj)

He rubbed circles on her back, hoping the small thing would calm her nerves at least a little bit, even if it was by like 1%. She was way too nervous.