Chapter 38

Might not update tomorrow 😭 I gotta go get my shots and I'm probably gonna be way too fucking tired to update cause I heard they make you tired 💀 it don't help that needles are my worst fear

(Pretty sure I passed out last time honestly) okay anyways back on with the book..

————————————————————————

"Eddie if you don't let go of my waist I swear to-"

"Okay! Okay, sorry. Letting go." He let go of her waist and she went and sat down.

He sat down next to here and wrapped an arm around her shoulder.

"You two are disgusting." Erica said, rolling her eyes.

"I take offense from that, Sinclair." Eddie said, gasping and putting his hand on his heart as if he was hurt.

"Good." She said.

————————————————————————

Soon they reached a field in the middle of nowhere, hopefully where no one would come by.

Mira sat with Steve and Robin, Eddie was with Dustin, Lucas was with Erica and Max was with Nancy.

Eddie and Dustin were using a hammer to put nails into a trash can top.

Nancy and Max were using a saw on the shotgun.

"Is this legal?"

"Actually I think it's a felony."

"Right.."

"But it guarantees one thing. I won't miss."

"How's she feeling?" Dustin asked Eddie.

"Light. But durable. Deadly. But reliable."

He put one foot on the milk crate and spoke dramatically, pretending as if he was like a knight.

"Hear me now, there will be no more retreating... from Eddie the Banished." He said, stepping off the crate.

(Guess he didn't lie)

"Hey you're really ready for bat-tle."

Eddie looked at him while he laughed.

"You get it? Bat-tle. B-A-T. No? I thought it had a good one." He put his shield down.

Eddie put his shield down as well and ran at Dustin, pushing him playfully.

"You son of a bitch!" Dustin ran at him, and Eddie reached back to try and give him a wedgie.

"No wedgies! No wedgies!"

Eddie stopped and held Dustin's shoulders.

"Never change, Dustin Henderson." He said while moving some hair out of his face.

"Promise me?"

"I wasn't planning on it."

"Good. Good."

"Good." He laughed.

"Hey Sinclairs, how are those, uh... those spears coming on?"

Lucas sent him a thumbs up.

"Flip that damn thumb around." Erica said.

"What?"

Erica grabbed it from his hands.

"It's too loose, Lucas. This isn't a basketball game where they blow the whistle when your shoes fall off."

Erica fixed it and made it a bit tighter.