Chapter 27

Quick A/n: I don't care if you think Eddie's gay 😭 I mean headcanon who you want but don't comment shit like "Eddie's gay tho." On my story. It's really annoying and I've blocked like two people already. Nothings confirmed.

Robin, Max, Nancy, Lucas, Dustin and Steve got out of the car and looked at the creel house in front of them.

They walked towards it, hesitating when they went up the steps.

I mean it was really run down, and supposed murders happened so...

"Yeah, that's not creepy."

"What exactly are we supposed to be looking for in this shithole?" Steve asked as him and Nancy tried to get the wood off the door.

"We're not sure. We just know this house is important to Vecna."

"Why don't you call Mira? She's so much more interested in this shit. And she knows everything about this case. More than us." Dustin asked.

Steve whipped his head to the body, dumb question.

"Absolutely not. I'm not letting her anywhere near this... Vecna creep. She's safer there-"

"She's not a kid, Steve.. neither is Eddie so don't even use that excuse."

"Look, if something goes wrong, I don't want her there. She's been through enough." He muttered the last part and tried getting the wood off the door.

"Maybe it holds a clue to where Vecna is. Why he's back. Why he killed the Creels. And how to stop him before he comes back for Max." Dustin interrupted the silence.

"We don't think he's in there. Do we?"

"Guess we'll find out."

Him and Nancy finally got the wood off, it thudded on the floor.

"Max. What are you doing in here? Max?" She heard. She could still remember everything. And the door was the exact one.

Steve tried to open the door but it was locked.

"It's locked. Should I knock, see if anyones home?"

"No need. I have a key." Robin said, holding up a brick before smashing the creel doors stained glass window.

Steve opened the door from the inside, it was even more scary inside.

Everyone entered the run down house, observing it. Lucas tried to flip on a light but it didn't work.

"Looks like someone forgot to pay their electricity bill."

Dustin put on his flashlight and Steve furrowed his eyebrows.

"Where'd everyone get those?"

"Do you need to be told everything? You're not a child."

"Thank you."

"Huh. Back pocket."

Steve took out his own flashlight, and dropped his bag to the ground.

"They just left everything." Nancy said as they went through the house.

"I guess a triple homicide isn't good for resale value."

"Hey guys?" Max said.

"You all see that, right?" She pointed her flashlight to a grandfather clock.

"Yeah."

"Yeah."

"Is this what you saw? In your visions?" Nancy asked.

Max nodded.

"I mean it's just a clock. Right?"

Robin went over to it and touched it, trying to clear some of it up so they could hopefully see some of it.

"Like a normal clock."

"Why is this wizard obsessed with clocks?" Steve asked

"Maybe he's like a clockmaker or something?"

"I think you cracked the case Steve."

"All i know is the answers are here. Somewhere. Okay, everyone stay in groups of two. Robin, upstairs." Nancy said, going upstairs as Robin followed her.

"Come on, let's go." Max said to Lucas, and he followed her.

Steve looked at Dustin and sighed.

"Was that a sigh?"

"No, I did not sigh."

"Why'd you sigh?"

"I didn't sigh. Just come on, dude." Steve said, going up the stairs.

"I heard you."

"W-we're just always partners, okay?"

"You have a problem with that?"

"It'd just be nice to, I don't know, mix it up a bit."

"So I'm boring you? Is that it?"

"No, the opposite..."

————————————————————————

Eddie and Mira tossed little marbles they found on the floor into a can.

"Hah! Loserrrr." Mira sung, and sticking her tongue out at him.

"Damnit." He sighed.

Then he heard a car approach and they both turned their heads to the door.

"Oh shit."

"Come on!" He whisper yelled, grabbing her hand and leading her to a back door that would lead back into the shed.

He waited until they went inside. He then went into the shed, but then remembered Dj was still there.

He gulped and put his hand over Mira's eyes and mouth, hoping the body didn't smell.

He looked away as well and only forward.

"Eddie?" She asked worriedly.

"I'm here- just- trust me."

"Hey Dustin, you there?" Eddie asked on the walkie-talkie.

"It's Eddie. You remember me right? Hey uh, if anyones there, I really think me and Mira might be in a bit of trouble here. Okay? Wheeler?" He said Nervously, one hand over Mira's eyes and nose, the other holding the walkie-talkie as they both sat in the boat, ready to go at any time.

"Anybody?!" He asked louder.