Chapter 33

"Threaten them with a little jail time. Maybe that'll loosen their lips."

"Okay-"

"You wanna send our kids to jail?"

"We need to take this seriously."

"He didn't mean it like that."

Every one of the parents started arguing, their arguments overlapping.

"Shut up!"

"Oh my god."

Chief Powell stood up.

"Shut up!"

"We're gonna try a more civilized approach. One at a time. You first." He pointed to Max.

"Wait, what? Why me?"

"Follow me."

"I'm not even in Hellfire club."

"Do I need to cuff you?" Officer Callahan asked.

(Please cuff me instead sir ☺️🙏🏽)

"Up. Chop- chop. Let's go."

————————————————————————-

They hid underneath a rock, Mira able to limp but that's it.

She sat down while the others crouched, she would probably sprain her ankle if she did crouch.

"Oh okay."

"That was close."

"Yeah."

"Too close."

Steve fell over when he got up, And Mira's eyes wanted to close.

She honestly gave up and just gave in, Eddie looked over and quickly went to her side.

"Oh fuck. Uh- sorry." He said, slapping her hard enough for her to wake up.

She said quickly opened her eyes.

"Cant have you dying on me now can I?"

She took her hand off her side she was covering and looked down. She was still bleeding and so was Steve.

"Oh shit-"

"Steve?" Nancy said and went over to him.

"I'm fine I'm fine."

"No, no, no. You're not you're losing blood-"

"Steve just let the woman help for gods sake." Mira said.

She sat him down.

"Can you- uh... ah shit sorry, of course you can't." He said and reached for the hem of her shirt and looking at her face if it was okay.

"Yeah, your fine." She winced.

"I know I am." He joked, trying to lighten the mood.

"Oh... so the good news I'm pretty sure wooziness is not a symptom of rabies. But I'm if you start having hallucinations or musicale spasms.. or you start feeling aggressive like you wanna punch me, let me know." She said to both Mira and Steve.

Eddie took off her shirt, And god it was very awkward with her brother and everyone else.

She groaned and threw her head back, Eddie honestly had zero clue what to do.

He examined the wound on her side, It was deep. And then the one on her ankle, it wasn't as deep but still pretty deep.

"Oh shit, hey, uh.. honestly I have no clue what to do so... wheeler could you-"

"Move." Nancy said. She had finished patching up Steve.

She grabbed Mira's shirt and apologized before ripping 2 pieces off and tying it around her ankle and her side.

"Oh fuck man. I guess nows a really bad time to say I really hate blood. One time I passed out from having to get my blood taken-" Mira said, feeling like she was gonna vomit.

She groaned, trying very hard to not just yell.

"Done."

"Thanks-" she said, and gagging before looking the other way and throwing up. She wiped her mouth and put her shirt back on, and then her hoodie.

"Dude, could you stop staring at my sisters boobs?" Steve scoffed, looking at Eddie.

"I wasn't man-"

"I don't mind." She winked.

"Gross." Steve muttered.

Eddie got on top of a rock.

"So, uh, this place is like Hawkins but with monsters and nasty shit?"

"Pretty much." Nancy said, helping Steve up.

Robin suggested that Mira could hop on her back, to which she happily accepted.

"Watch out for the vine thingies. It's like a hive mind." Mira said to Eddie.

"It's a what mind?"

"Everything around here they're like connected. If you step on a vine, you're stepping on a bat, and then you're stepping on Vecna, to which he now knows where you are and can easily just say 'I got you now bitch!' And just like grab your ankles." Mira said.

"Shit." Eddie nodded and carefully got down without stepping on any vines.

"Everything from our world is still here, right? Except people?"

"As far as I understand it, yeah."

"So theoretically we could go to the police station and steal guns and grenades and whatever we need to blow up those bat things that are guarding the gate."

"I highly doubt the Hawkins PD has grenades, robin. But guns, yeah sure."

"Who knows? The police hide all types of shit." Mira said.

"True." Robin agreed.

"Well, we don't have to go all the way downtown for guns. I have guns in my bedroom."

"Yeah, one that you'll probably use on me one day." Mira muttered quietly, causing a snicker from Robin.

Eddie hopper off the rock and had a confused face.

"You, Nancy Wheeler, have guns, plural, in your bedroom?"

"Full of surprises isn't she?"

"A Russian Makarov and a revolver."

"Yeah, you almost shot me with that one."

"You almost deserved it."

Mira started to get a weird feeling. She felt bad for Jonathan almost. 'Maybe they're just being friendly.' She thought to herself, but she had a deeper feeling that they were flirting.

Jonathan was honestly a really nice guy, but Nancy always goes back to Steve. It's so odd.

Eddie threw Steve his jacket.

"For your modesty, dude."

Then the ground started rumbling and shaking, like and earthquake.

Mira fell off of robins back and ran straight into Eddie, And then robin fell ontop of her.

"Sorry! Oh my god!"

Eddie held onto Mira's waist tightly, his hands pretty much digging into her jeans.

Once it stopped they all heard creatures again, sitting up now.

"So guns seem like a pretty good idea to me."

"Yeah me too."

"Yeah, me three"

"So what are we waiting for?"

Eddie scratched at his leg, Him robin and Mira sitting down while Nancy and Steve got up.

Eddie got up, and so did Robin.

Mira hopped onto Robins back again, her head on Robins shoulder.