Chapter 42

Vecna was in the air, he picked up a bunch of boards on the ground, floating now as he faced Eleven. Sharp Boards went flying to eleven, she moved them and they hit the wall instead.

Vecna sent eleven flying back, she hit a table, and was thrown around like a doll.

This was his revenge. He thought his daughter would come to her senses by now, but instead she was now chasing after a boy. If she wouldn't come to him, he would make her.

————————————————————————

Mira helped Dustin run, they both Yelled his name.

They saw a bunch of bats, and Eddie in the center.

Some bats flew at him, he hit the first ones away.

"Come on!" He yelled, challenging the bats.

——————————————————————————

Eleven fell on the floor, whimpering as Vecna walked over to her.

Max came behind him, and grabbed a board, running at him with it. But he flung her and she slid on the floor.

While he was distracted Eleven got up, they both held their hands out, but Vecna seemed to be more powerful as she struggled against him.

She lifted into the air, she was brought closer to him, while still floating. She was now in front of him.

She choked and seethed.

"Before I kill you... I want you to watch."

He sent her flying back, and she was now surrounded by red fog. Tentacles wrapped around her arms, and she was pulled by them to the door.

She opened her eyes and looked around, slightly confused. She saw a dead body, and a clock. And then she saw Vecna carrying Max and placing her on the ground.

She was also lifted up by the tentacles, Vecna standing in front of her.

"Papa is dead."

Vecna looked to her.

"I know what he did to you, to you and Aster. You were different like me. And he hurt you, he hurt you both. He made you... into this." She sobbed.

"He is the monster, Henry. Not you. Not you."

He stood in front of her.

"You're right. You and I, we are different. And papa did hurt me. But he was no monster. He was just a man. An ordinary, mediocre man. That is why he sought greatness in others. In you and me."

He grabbed her chin.

"But in the end... you're the monster. You hurt her more far than Papa ever did. Do you not see, Eleven? He did not make me into this. You did."

"At first, I believed you had sent me to my death. To purgatory. But I was wrong. I was somewhere new. Aster didn't have the same fate, but it only made me stronger. I became an explorer. An explorer of a realm unspoiled by mankind. I saw so many things. And one day, I found the most extraordinary thing of all. Something that would change everything."

"I saw a means to realize my potential. To transcend my human form. To become the predator I was always born to be."

"It was... it was you. Always you."

"All I needed was someone to open the door. And you did that for me without even realizing it. Didn't you? And when you did realize, you chose to resist. So I sought a means to open my own doors. I sought... your power."