Chapter 1

"Mom! We're late!" Ashley shouted from the driveway. Her mom came out immediately through the door.
"Let's go." She said.
"Finally." Ashley said and entered the car.
Ashley Kim was a 15 year old girl. She lived with her mom -Lilianna Kim- in New York. She attended Beacon Hills Public school just three blocks away from her house.  Ashley grew up without her Father. Her mom had told her that he died long before she was born and that his name was Richard. Her mom worked for a very high tech company by name Mavis Corp. It had many branches with it's headquarters in Los Angeles. New York City was one of it's branches where Lilianna worked.
"Ashley?" Her mom called out to her.
"Yes." She replied absent mindedly.
"What are u thinking of?"
"Just about the family tree picture."
"What about it?"
I'm just.....dad." she said finally...then continued. "Everyone in class has a dad. Why don't I have?"
Her mom sighed. "Ash pls stop thinking about that." Her mom said as she had already parked the car in the school driveway.
"Fine." Ashley said coming out of the car. "I'll deal with it my self. I always do." She slammed the door and walked away. Her mom felt sad, so she just drove away. There was nothing she could do.
"Hi Ash." Someone said from behind in the school hallway. She turned around to see her bestie since kindergarten -Lily Roberts-.
"Hi Lily." She said dryly.
"What's wrong?" Lily asked when she noticed her mood.
"Nothing." She said not wanting to talk about it.
"Did u have a fight with your mom about your dad again?" Lily asked not giving up and Ashley gave in.
"Not really kinda. Just about the family tree."
"Don't worry about it that much. Everything will be okay. I'm always here with you." Lily said.
That soothed Ashley. "Ok. Let's get to class then." Ashley said and they moved towards class.

Lilianna sat in her office working on some files when someone knocked.
"Come in." She said and a woman in her mid twenties walked in.
"Sorry for disturbing but Mr. Hurley needs to see you right away." She said and walked out. Lilianna stacked up the files and put them in place.
Lilianna worked as Mr Hurley's secretary. Mr Christian Hurley was the next in line to taking ownership of the company. Hos father -Mr Noah- worked at the headquarters in LA while Christian stayed at the branch in New York and went home during the festive seasons to see his family.
Lilianna knocked on the door.
"Come in." Was the response from inside.
"You sent for me sir." She said as a statement.
Mr Hurley put down his files. "I did. Sit down." He said and she did.
"I wanted to tell you that my dad wants me to come back to our headquarters. I leave in the next two weeks and......" He stopped.
"I understand but please continue. And what?"
And as part of the contract you signed when you joined us.....you are coming with me. And you know what happens when you break it don't you?"
"I know what I signed, but what about Ashley. She isn't going to take this easy or funny. She's lived here in New York since birth."
"Don't worry about her. It's all covered, when you move you will be given a house and I'll get your daughter enrolled in a private school."
"Ok fine. I'll make her come through." She said giving in.
Mr Hurley handed over a file to her and she took it in her hand.
"What's this?" She asked
"Another contract. This time you can't back out of it." He handed her a pen "Sign."
Lilianna took the pen glanced through it and without a second thought signed it. Then she handed it back to him and then he stamped it.
"Which city?" She asked.
"LA." He said. "Los Angeles."
"What?!"