Chapter 3

"I can't believe you're moving Ash." Lily said.
"Me too." Ashley said feeling downcast. "But we can still make memories though....and we can do video calls too. We have enough time."
"Yeah." Lily said.
Just then the bell rang.
"Let's get to class." Lily said and they both went to class.
Ashley and Lily spent their after school hours each day making memories. So that they wouldn't forget each other.
Ashley and her mom's flight were due on Monday, so on Saturday Lilianna sent Ashley to go clean out the attic.
"But mom, what am I going to put the stuff inside?" Ashley asked.
"There are some boxes up there already. Put the stuff inside them and tape it. The movers will be here tomorrow to come pick them up for shipping." Her mom told her.
"Really mom? On a Sunday?" Ashley asked.
"Yes yes Ashley. Now get
packing."
Ashley went up towards the attic and began to pack the stuff and put them inside the boxes. An hour later, Ashley saw a small sack. She opened it and saw a few letters inside. She took out one and opened it. It read: I'm really sorry for what happened Lily. Please come back and let's raise our daughter together. I'll take a stand for us please.
                                      Love
                                  Richard 💖
Ashley froze. "What's this?" She thought. She checked the date if the letter. It was sent on the 15th May 2007 from Los Angeles.
"2007 is the year I was born." Ashley thought. "And this...." She looked at the letter again. 15th of May." She repeated. "I was born April 10th."
"Could it be?" She thought. "No no, mom would never lie to me."
She said folding the letter and putting it into her Jean pocket. She looked through the sack again and saw a box. She brought it out and examined it.  The little box looked like an aincent jewellery box, on top of it was inscribed R&L.
"R for Richard and L for Lilianna." Ashley guessed. The box had a lock but it wasn't locked. She wanted to open it when someone shouted her name."Ashley." She looked up and saw her mom. Her mom's face looked tensed. She walked towards Ashley and took the box from her.
"Thank you. I was looking for that." Lilianna said.
"What's that mom?" She asked. Her mom kept quiet.
"It's a box that your father had made for us both." Was the simple reply. "Open it come and let me see what's inside." Ashley said I made a move to open the box but her mother shifted back.
"No, Ashley." Her mum said. She looked around and forged a smile. "You're almost done. Finish up and come down let's have lunch." Her mum said and went down.
"That was weird." Actually thought. Why wouldn't her mum want her to see what's inside the box.
Then she remembered the letter and decided not to tell her mum about it. Since the letter came from LA, it was possible her father was still alive, and she was going to find out.
Ashley finished up with her work in the attic and went down to have lunch with her mum. She didn't say anything throughout. She just kept mute. She was thinking if maybe her father was still alive and if he was, why did her mum hide it from her. Why did they leave Los Angeles to New York?
Liliana wondered why her daughter was silent. She was relieved when she saw that Ashley hadn't opened that box. She was going to protect her daughter at all cost.
That night, Ashley couldn't sleep, she kept on thinking of what had transpired between her and her mum up in the attic that day. A lot of questions around through her head.
"What was in that box?" She thought. Actually knew that was hiding, it was big. And she wasn't going to say anything about it to her mum. Then she remembered the letter. It was sent a month after her birth. She had transfer the letter to another place and was carrying it along to LA. Ashley fell asleep thinking about everything.
the movers came the next day to take the boxes and Amanda Ashley and her mum were on the plane to Los Angeles.
I hope you're enjoying this book. Pls don't forget to click on vote and leave a comment.
Thanks for your support.