7.

Harry.

I was such an idiot.

Such a fucking idiot.

I stared at the candlelit dinner that I set up at home for Blair and I. The candle was almost burned up all the way by now and the food had gone cold a long time ago. The bottle of wine was finished as I chugged the last bit down.

It was a Friday evening and one more attempt of me to surprise her. But I waited, and waited, and waited for her to come home from work and she never showed up. And she didn't answer her phone.

She was no longer at the office, that was for sure. I had called her driver and he said he had dropped her off somewhere he couldn't disclose. Which meant she was somewhere she shouldn't be. Which meant that if I found out, it would only result in another fight.

I was wallowing in loneliness and self-pity until eleven at night rolled in and I heard the front door being opened.

"Harry?" Blair's voice rang through the house before I heard her high heels carrying her through the hallway and into the living room. She stopped on her tracks when she saw the set table, the candle that was burned up. I was sitting at the kitchen island with the empty glass of wine in front of me.

"Hey." She breathed, leaning over to peck my cheek. I didn't even look at her but clenched my jaw, which she seemingly didn't notice as she continued walking around. She shrugged off her coat and put her bag down, letting out a breath, "It's raining cats and dogs outside."

More silence from me as I kept my finger tracing the rim of the glass in front of me.

"Where've you been?" I eventually croaked out. Blair took the bottle in front of me and frowned when she found it empty, "You finished this? Harry, this was an expensive bottle." She sighed, shaking her head while walking up to our wine fridge and taking out another bottle. She had a concentrated look on her face when she opened it and I pressed my lips together, "Blair."

The mention of her name made her flick her eyes up, "Yeah?"

"Where've you been?" I repeated.

"Oh," She shrugged, "You know, it's a Friday night... I thought I'd go see Sloane."

I fucking knew it. I tried to contain my anger and inhaled shakily, nodding to myself, "So I was here... cooking for you, all of this non-carb shit, setting the table, waiting for you... and you were at the stripclub with your girlfriend?"

Blair rolled her eyes, "She's not my girlfriend. And it's not a stripclub. The girls don't get naked." She explained in a shrug. My hand tightened around the glass I was holding, "I was waiting for you." I hissed, "I haven't eaten, I- God, Blair!" I snapped angrily, slamming the glass down. It didn't break but it was close.

Blair jolted up in surprise at the sudden volume of my voice, pausing the movement of her hand while uncorking the bottle of wine. One eyebrow up, she stared at me, "Are you drunk?"

"That's not the point!" I sneered, "I was waiting for you!"

"Harry," She frowned, "Look, I'm sorry, I just forgot to tell you."

"I'm always fucking waiting for you, Blair!" My voice was hoarse when I stood up, already out of breath from the sheer amount of emotions I felt. Anger, hurt, pain. Betrayal. "It's a Friday night and we're married, and you run off to a club on your own to hang out with the woman you're fucking! Do you have any idea how insane that is?!"

"Are we back on that?" Her tone was sharp now, "Look, the thing with Sloane is happening either way, you should just get over it! It'll be good for us, Harry, blow some new life into our marriage. We need it!"