38. (*)

Harry.

I felt like I was hit by a fucking truck.

I slowly blinked my eyes open, confused by my surroundings as the pounding in my head only intensified when the light hit my face. I groaned through my dry throat, chapped lips and prickly eyes as I laid on my back in soft sheets.

It smelled like grapefruit.

Genevieve.

I used my strength to turn my head to the side, seeing her lying on the other side of the mattress with her hair in a messy bun and her naked back to me. She hugged a pillow, back arched out with one leg up and the curve of her ass visible through the white sheet that gently clung to her.

Peaceful. No matter how shitty I felt, the sight of her here brought a smile to my face. And then I tried to move and everything hurt again. Still, I forced myself to shift over in the bed. My chest was covered in little goosebumps and I closed my eyes as I blindly spooned her.

Genevieve stirred awake while I wrapped my arms around her and pressed my front into her back. I sighed in content immediately at how warm she was, a literal furnace during the night. She smelled like a dream and I nuzzled my nose into the back of her neck before relaxing. She shifted too, moving her hips around a tad and a small frown etched in my forehead when I realized I was naked.

And she wasn't.

I gently stroked my fingers over her stomach, feeling the band of her underwear around her hips before I moved my hand back up, feeling her boobs in my palm. Genevieve softly hummed at my touch, "Hey." She rasped.

"Shh, too loud." I whispered while burying my face further into her skin. She trembled with a soft giggle, "I had a feeling your hangover would be rather horrible."

I sighed out and kept my eyes closed, "What time is it?"

Genevieve stretcher her arm to reach her phone and I grumbled a little in protest of her moving, tightening my grip to keep her close to me and she struggled slightly before finally reaching the device. The brightness of it made me squint even from the distance and she exhaled a breath, "Nearly ten."

"Still early." I yawned, "What time did we go to bed?"

"Don't know." She yawned before cuddling back into me, "I think around six."

I keened at the proximity and warmth of her body and kissed the back of her shoulder a few times, "Morning, my sunny."

"Morning, Harry." She spoke in a gravelly, sleepy tone. I smiled against her shoulder and exhaled, "Wanna stay here all day. Can we?"

"I have to pee."

I groaned and tightened my grip, "No, hold it."

Genevieve chuckled and shook her head, slowly untangling herself from me, "I don't think that's a good idea. In fact, I think you should get up with me just for a bit. Drink some water, brush your teeth, get a painkiller... You'll feel better."

"Gen." I whined, "Don't make me get up."

"You can stay if you want." She assured me, "But I'm getting up."

"Geeeen." I drew the word out now, "Don't leave, I'll be cold."

"You're such a baby." She whispered and I hummed, "I know."

"If you don't want me to leave, you'll have to come with me."

"Fine. But I'm not putting clothes on." I yawned, "Why am I naked, by the way?"

Genevieve sputtered out a snicker, "You don't remember?"

"Remember what?" I rolled onto my back as she scooted out of my arms and sat up with the sheet around her chest, an amused look on her face. She took a pause before speaking, which was great, because that way I had the opportunity to stare at her face for a bit. She looked natural and sleepy, soft and warm and I felt my heart just bouncing around at this easy sight of her.