13.

Harry.

"Are you fucking kidding me right now." I groaned when I stared at the computer screen in front of me. It was a Monday evening and I was stuck at the office.

And technology was not my friend tonight. It was nearing nine in the evening and I was the last person stuck here. With my tie undone and my sleeves rolled up, I was about to have a nervous breakdown when the screen showed me it was another forty-five minutes before the updates were complete.

I moved my hands to my hair, fisting the chestnut waves on top of my head with another groan as I repeatedly stomped my foot on the carpeted floor of the office.

It was dark out and it was raining, and the office was vacant except for me who still had to get these numbers in before midnight. And my computer was crashing.

It was my own fault honestly for procrastinating like this. Blair would take great pleasure in seeing me like this and knowing she was right. But unlike her, I hated working through the weekend and left this task to Monday, and now I was fucked.

I had called the IT-department like seven billion times but it was past office hours and the only thing they could really do was reboot, and that would take just as long as letting these updates run.

I leaned back in my seat, feeling like the minutes on the screen didn't go down as fast as real-life minutes and it only got me more frustrated. I pushed myself up to a standing position and paced around, feeling the burn in my chest and the heavy panting I was doing. My head was spinning. My fingertips grew numb.

My eyes flicked over to the liquor cabinet in the corner of the office next to the chair, and I strode over to it without a second thought. With trembling fingers and hazy vision, I scooped some ice into a glass and then poured whisky in it, spilling some over the rim but I didn't care.

Alcohol wasn't the answer but it sure as hell came close to it. I took a few big gulps as I continued pacing around, trying to control my breathing.

By the time I near finished the first glass, there was a knock on the glass door. I spun around, a breath caught in my throat when I saw Sloane hesitantly opening up the door and peaking her head inside. She looked a little surprised to find me here and I frowned in confusion too, "W-What are you doing here?"

She slipped inside the office, blonde hair wavy and flying around as she turned. Her lips were red again, slightly parted and showing me a glimpse of the pearly white teeth she had. She was dressed in high heels and stockings, and a short dress that clung to her curves in the most classy and modest way. Over top, she wore an oversized blazer which might as well have been mine judging by the size of it.

And she had a bag in her hands.

"Uh, your wife called me, asked me to meet her here by nine." Sloane shortly explained as she stayed by the door. My fingers trembled still from the impending anxiety attack as I continued pacing and let out a breath, "Blair's not here. She left for Birmingham hours ago and is spending the next two days there for business."

Sloane's face fell as she brushed her hair over her shoulder, "Oh."

"She didn't tell you?" I asked and she shook her head with her head low, "No, she didn't."

Silence fell over the office as I continued walking around with the glass tightly clenched between my fingers. Sloane was the last person I wanted here right now. My heart was pounding badly enough without her in the same room, without the reminder of what I almost did on Friday. What I would've done if Blair didn't interrupt us.

Fuck, I was close to kissing her. Again. I was close to cheating on my wife, ruining my marriage because I had a crush on a fucking escort.

I had tried my hardest to ignore Sloane when she was on the stage, dancing around the pole. I had kept my eyes on my lap, keeping my respect for Blair even if she did no such thing. I heard the cheers and applause around me, heard the mumbles and curses of men around me as they watched her dance seductively in lingerie. I had seen a flash of gold from the corner of my eye and looked up in lack of better judgement.