Seven

Sorry this chapter short asf-

I'm trying my best to produce chapters; I was honestly just debating what to do with this chapter and whether to split it or not...

I did but I promise next chapter is longer. 

Okay bye now.

-Envy

~~~

If I can speak to him maybe I can get him to find me...

~3rd Person POV~

"What the fuck...?" Clay mumbled.

That was new. All of the other voices in his head just sounded like evil versions of himself. This one however- it was so gentle, so genuine. He sounded so sweet. Like he genuinely cared. Was it an alternate version of himself? Surely not...  he would know right? It didn't even sound like him. Imagine if the house is actually haunted and a ghost is talking to him, inside of his head. He wanted to speak to it, to him; his voice was so... comforting. He could listen to it all day. The guy must've lived here at some point- or maybe not, he could've just died here... The possibilities seemed endless. 

He just wanted to speak to him again.

"Of course you want to speak to him again. You'd speak to anything that gave you the slightest bit of attention. Even some ghost you know nothing about."

"Yeah, what're you gonna do with a ghost friend, drink slushies together?"

"You can't just befriend a ghost"

"You can't just speak to things that you can't see."

"You can't seriously be thinking about-"

"You guys can't say anything, you're practically non-existent. You're literally hypocrites. You are helping me more than you are harming me right now." Clay said with a grin. "I'm pretty sure you guys just told me that you're pretty worthless considering you don't have a physical form-" They said nothing. Were they gone now? He hoped so- if they were to start up again, they'd just be grossly annoying... if anything.

"Have they left yet, the voices?" 

He spoke again?! 

"I'm not going crazy! Well at least I hope not-" Clay said.

"You're not going crazy." It interrupted. "Are they gone?" The ghost repeated.

"For now... Where are you?" I asked. "I can't see you."  Clay said looking around his room.

"I'm not allowed to tell you explicitly but... I can say that- I'm nearby..." The ghost revealed.

"You're nearby? Like- like in the same room as me?" Clay asked, still looking around.

"No." it said sternly.

"Where then?" He asked, scrunching up his face.

"I can't tell you. I'll be trapped forever..." The voice said, his voice slowly fading.

"Trapped?" Clay asked with the same confused look.

"Yes..."

"You're somewhere on the property?"

"Yeah-"

"Oh my god. Are you locked in the shed?!"Clay asked, filling with dread.

"Locked in the- what- no."

"Do you know why the shed is locked?"  Clay asked desperately. "Is it hiding something dangerous?"

"It wasn't locked when I last saw it but that was a long time ago."

"So you don't know then... Are you dead?" Clay replied, asking yet another question; he was hopeful he'd say no.

"Nope. Well- I don't think so..."

"How do you not know if you're dead?!" Clay questioned.