Twenty

Dream couldn't sleep. Why? Because he simply just didn't want to disrupt George. Even if Dream knew that George was a heavy sleeper, he wouldn't have gone to sleep anyway; he was too busy thinking, too busy trying to figure out what George was dreaming about... What they were doing...

'I mean it's probably like- so simple... We are probably just hanging out, right? Like- We couldn't be doing anything important... surely-' Dream thought to himself.

Well... he couldn't be any further away with that guess but how was he to know? Dream was yet to realise what he himself was actually capable of and that George was capable of dreaming of many different things but that's besides the point...

~~~

~George POV~

I had fallen into a deep sleep. 

Now, when I fall deep enough, I dream of many things. Things that I love or rather... things that I am afraid of. Things that I want to do and achieve; and on the rare occasion? Memories and moments. Moments from when I was a young child- very young in fact. I was probably only around five or six.

But tonight... I dreamt of someone. I dreamt about Dream.

You see, in this dream, we had been preparing for Sapnap and his friends' arrival that day. We had decided to go to the mall in the morning to look for some 'welcome presents' but lets just say that... Well- We were very easily sidetracked. 

We had entered the mall, holding hands; Dream suggested going around the whole ass place from top to bottom, not that I really minded too much but I didn't want us to be late and I could never express- I can't express enough how much I hate crowds... With it being this early though, there were only a few people around, thankfully. 

Anyway- we went all around the top floor, to each and every shop and Dream seemed extremely chuffed with himself. I couldn't figure out if it was because of how many flirty jokes he had made within the first hour, resulting in me looking very flustered or if it was because he had already gotten everyone a present. Or... the fact that he was dragging me into a pet store-

There were rabbits, kittens and even fish but Dream dragged me past all of these- He even ran past the hamsters; he was that excited he nearly knocked somebody over and all for- a puppy?!

"Awww look at him George!"

"Yeah, he's... cute- Why are we here again, Dream?"

"Well... You see- Uhm..."

"Dream...?"

"He's lonely..." Dream started. "Do- Would you... Well-"

"You wanna keep him?" I asked.

"Really? You wanna?"

"I wasn't-"

"Yayyyy!"

He was like a kid who had just been given free access to a candy store but it was hella cute, regardless, I couldn't say no.

"We can adopt him. Let's take him home." I said, looking over to Dream.

I mean- What could go wrong?

~

We bought all of the essentials like food, obviously; stuff for bathing him and lots and lots of toys, of which I was sure Patches would steal later. And with that, we took him home.

He fell asleep in the car ride home so when we arrived, he was snoring softly in his bed that we had set up in the back.

'He looks so at peace when he's asleep' Dream stated.

'Yeah, he does.' I agreed.

'George?' Dream whispered. 'Are you awake?'

'What do you mean? I'm stood right next to you.' I giggled.

'Oh...' Dream replied emitting a feeling of disappointment.

'Are you okay?' I asked, he seemed a bit out of it...

'Yeah, why wouldn't I be, angel?' Dream asked.

I didn't reply and my mind went blank.

~~~~~

~3rd Person POV~

All George could wonder was why Dream would describe him as an angel; why Dream would make various comments about him, always making references to God. Who was this God? George could only think of one person, one thing, one God... And that- Was Techno.

Because- Techno wasn't just a god, Techno was a protector, like Dream; everything about Dream reminded George of Techno. You see, Techno gave those the peace and soothing that they were lacking, those who craved comfort, those that needed comfort; like how George gave Dream comfort, he made him feel normal... How Dream gave George comfort and encouragement when he didn't realise that he needed it.

Techno saved those who needed to be saved. And... Techno gave those the chances that they never got. In fact, as George dreamt away, he remembered a book he once read, well- A passage from a very old book that his father had once read to him... As if by magic, a show presented itself to him, he could see his younger self sat across from his father in the lounge, listening eagerly as his father spoke.

"Techno, God of dreams and sleep: People said to be sleeping in the arms of Techno would dream about upcoming events, the past and/or the future. Those under the watch and protection of Techno, if stuck between the realms of the living and the dead, he would either let them pass peacefully or he wouldn't let them pass at all. If Techno thought that someone hadn't fulfilled their life as intended, he would save them from death and deliver them back to the living world with the option to choose whether or not they wanted to return with immortality. However, there is a price for almost... everything. If said person is stuck due to nothing but heartbreak and/or  a partner/love interest, Techno would heal them, sending them back to the living world as one of his Supremes."

"What's a Supreme, dad?" George's younger self asked.

"Techno's Supremes: Often protecting their life-long partners, Supremes tend to be passive however, if anyone were to approach said being, threatening anyone's safety, it or they would remain visible however, they would form an imperceptible dome of protection. If one were to come into contact with such thing with the intention to harm, they'd disappear."

"What does imepasepable mean?" his younger self asked.

George couldn't help but grin at his own mispronunciation.

"It means undetectable, you cant see it." His father answered.

"Where do they go when they disappear?" The young boy asked.

"Let's just say that they would have been given a one way ticket to Techno, son."

"Do you think I will see Techno, dad?"

"There's something I didn't read about him-"

"Tell me! Tell me!"

"Well... if you ever encounter him, if you're one of the good people... You-"

"Come onnn hurry uppp!"

"If you're sent back to the 'Land Of The Living', you won't remember the encounter itself. If you receive signs of  previous contact with him, you can try and figure out if you came back with immortality but it's very dangerous..."

"Dangerous how...?"

"Well... you and your partner would both be immortal but testing it would be dangerous... Do you know what immortal means, son?"

"No..."

"It means that you can not die."

There was a long pause before a loud bang sounded, causing George's vision to fade away once again.

He opened his eyes slowly, light piercing through the cracks of his currently half-open eyes. It took him a couple of minutes to adjust slightly to the new shafts of light, and as George squinted his eyes, looking around the room, he realised where he was...