Six

~George POV~

6pm, Florida

"Oh cool! There's a PC here and everything! I didn't even need to bring mine." I could hear him pacing below me before hearing a high pitched beep.

"No. Fucking. Way."

I was just sat trying to figure out what to do- now that there was a hole above me... It wasn't huge though really, maybe just big enough for a child's hand to fit through... People used to tell me years ago that I had hands like a child. If only I was smart enough to figure out how to escape; even if my hand was small enough to fit, who's gonna see me and think "oh someone's stuck up there" Yeah...nobody; apart from the guy who's just moved in maybe.

"Hello?! Can you hear me?!" I screamed.

No answer.

I guess he can't hear me...

I think he spent a while probably just stood completely in awe at the fact the PC still worked; I didn't hear any movement for like maybe fifteen minutes...

Even I didn't know what was left in the house.

What sounded like something being unzipped; a bag or suitcase maybe- I'm not too sure but it seemed that whatever it was, was used to carry his clothes since I could hear the scraping of coat hangers on a rail shortly after. This went on for a really long time. I'm not entirely sure how long though, I could only guess without a clock. Maybe an hour? Whatever- 

7pm, Florida

 What was his name anyway? I asked myself, genuinely intrigued. I could try and guess but I would probably be miles off. Imagine if his name was George; "George Davidson found by man, also named George, after being locked in his own attic for-"

I'm seriously overdoing it now. People probably never realized I even 'went missing' and therefore don't even know about what my mother did before locking me in here. I mean, I'm still here so obviously nobody knew about it...

I've been here that long I barely remembered the world even existed; that there was even a planet to begin with. His name probably isn't even George. I think I'm going to name him Dream; that's what this whole situation feels like- A Dream. I would think I was dreaming if he ever found me. Dreaming about Dream- that's kinda funny-

A ringing sound.

It was silent otherwise. Where did Dream go? Surely he's still here if his phone is ringing... I'll be honest, I didn't mind the phone ringing; I hadn't heard that sound for a really long time...

Ringing. Again.

Still silence before a muffled voice could be heard speaking through the phone. I could just about hear it.

"Hey Clay, just calling to make sure you're okay and that your house isn't haunted...Just kidding! I hope the house is what you expected and that you're settling in okay. I know it's your first day but I just hope it's as cozy as you were hoping it to be. Call me back, I love you brother."

Clay? His name is Clay? Pretty cool name. I'm guessing that was his brother, hence the ending? He seems to have a lot of hope; seems to care. He also sounds slightly worried but I couldn't say for sure. I wonder why Dream didn't answer the phone...

I should really sleep.

~

6am, Florida

Silent. Peaceful. Yeah, until it was interrupted by Dream. I didn't mind, his voice was- well it was comforting to say the least... I shed a tear this time I heard it though; he was hurting and well- it made my heart feel heavy.

"I loved him; I don't know why he had to leave me. I never did understand why he decided to leave, that's what I blame myself for: not understanding. Maybe if I had payed more attention, he'd still be here today and we would be happy together in the UK. I wouldn't have moved here in the first place. I wonder if he remembered his last day here; that he spent with me..."

Shit... that's deep. A tear rolled down my face. How much has this man been through to feel so- so broken? His heart is shattering, I can almost hear it. I wish he'd find me; he seems like he needs a hug...

What I've gathered so far is that he's moved here from the UK for a fresh start after losing someone he thought he really loved- At least I thought he was from the UK, it sounded like a British accent...

"No, I'm sorry Sapnap. I'm sorry I couldn't understand him. I'm sorry I couldn't move on when he broke my heart. I'm sorry! I'll stop loving him someday!" 

I don't think he's in love. I think that he's just going through a rough time right now; meaning the hardest thing he's ever been through is being played on loop in his head. It's happened to me before- Well- I've witnessed it before. My dad. He always used to tell me stories and spill his brains to me. My uncle had been through something similar to Dream after my aunt had passed away. He moved to the UK for a fresh start too but he couldn't escape the voices that appeared in his head apparently and so... he didn't last very long... I never really met any of my family members besides my parents; I was too young to remember. According to my dad, my uncle looked like he hadn't aged since he had turned 21... I've seen pictures of him- his appearance didn't seem to change...

"Fuck off, I don't need you in my head right now." 

He has them too. I can save him. From the voices.

"It's okay just forget about them Clay." (God his name felt way too good to say) "You may have loved them but they don't deserve to be the holder of your heart when they broke it in the first place. Whatever happened was a tragedy but that's not your fault. Put it behind you and move on."

"What the fuck...?" Dream had said, only just loud enough for me to hear him. He obviously didn't recognize my voice. Which, thinking about it, why would he? This normally happens. It was kinda funny every time though. I can be one of the voices...but only when I know I can help. If I can speak to him maybe I can get him to find me...