Twenty-Nine

"How do we get him to come and find us?" Wilbur asked.

"Well, let's think about it. He has been at each of these incidents in the hospitals, one in the UK, and he was there with George in Florida. Isn't that kinda weird?" Dream recollected.

"No, not really? I mean-" Wilbur paused. "Surely there have been many cases-" 

"That's just the thing though Wilbur, see- Those are the only two that have ever been recorded." Dream said, lips pressed together firmly as he glanced in the mirror briefly.

"So, how is that gonna help us find him?" 

"Well, we all go and see Techno, of course."

"All of us?" Tommy mumbled from the back of the car.

"Well, not all of us. Someone will have to stay and make sure that we don't get like- kidnapped or whatever."

"Who would kidnap us?" Wilbur asked, his brows now in a slight frown.

"Who knows?" Dream laughed uncomfortably.

~~~~~~

Everybody had fallen asleep, there was only about half an hour of driving left to do now.

Dream drove along, listening to the songs from George's playlist playing softly through the speakers around the car. He liked quite a lot of the songs that had played so far, in fact, he wasn't too sure who had the best taste in music, Sapnap or George...

As he drove along peacefully, not bothering to debate who had better music, he noticed one song in particular starting to play. (I recommend playing Heatwaves (Stripped back) by Glass Animals in this part :])

"Sometimes all I think about is you~"

"Late nights in the middle of June~"

"Heatwaves been faking me out~"

It was the stripped back version of one of his favourite songs, Heatwaves. 

"I didn't know that George liked this song..." Dream thought to himself, glimpsing at George who was fast asleep beside him.

The honey colored light from the sun setting hit George's face perfectly, it highlighted all of his perfect features.

"You just need a better life than this~"

"You need something I can never give~"

"Fake water all across the road~"

"It's gone, now the night has come, but~"

"Sometimes all I think about is you~"

Dream had never thought there would be anything anywhere in the world that could make him feel any more in love with George but, for some reason, this song? It made his stomach explode kaleidoscopes from the inside and in various ways. It almost made him feel sick, there were that many butterflies swarming. Actually, now that he thought about it, George was like a kaleidoscope, in a way; he was beautiful to look at, sure but Dream always seemed to get lost in him; there are so many different features of George that Dream loves, it's impossible to not think about them all at once.

"Sometimes all I think about is you~"

"Late nights in the middle of June~"

"I wonder what he dreams about... He's always so at peace when he's sleeping." Dream thought to himself.

"Sometimes all I think about is you~"