Ten

8pm, Florida

I grabbed the pizza box and scurried upstairs to my bedroom, flinging myself onto the bed- it's... lumpy-

"Ow!" 

There is someone in my fucking bed.

What. The. Fuck.

~~~~

Earlier this week...

~~~~

~George POV~

I crawled around the room, searching for any crevice in the floor. Any holes. Just anything.

Nothing.

Then I thought about how the water barrels were placed... they were all spaced out evenly around the room. Apart from one. It looked ever so slightly different from the rest too. The wood was more... well- it looked older but I couldn't really tell if it was because of how uneven the lighting was or if it was actually different.

I sat next to the barrel, just examining it. Then I realized...

It's glued to the wall.

~~~

Present

~~~

5pm, Florida.

For the last week, all I've been able to hear is Dream. Up and down, to and from his bedroom. I knew he'd been working on the shed but I have no idea how much progress he had made. He really needs sleep though... Each day, he's been going down to the shed, coming back to his bedroom, staying awake all night. All I've heard; his tosses and turns as he tried to fall asleep... Well... that's what I thought he was doing. His heavy breathing is what gave him away. I could only just make out a couple things that he had mumbled throughout the week. Things like: "Why'd you have to leave me? We could be doing this together. Living together. I miss you." and "Sapnap! You'd never believe what just happened! He- He's... Gone."

These were hard words to hear. He was thinking about or re-living losing his... partner. I know what it's like to lose a loved one but it seemed this pairing... they were soulmates. He misses them so much and he cared a lot for them and it seems he cares about those surrounding him in his life. Deep down, I know he does. He hasn't been speaking to Sapnap- He has had two calls from him. Two. He did call him back but only once. I understand he doesn't want to drag Sapnap or whoever into his problems but surely he knows that if his bond with Sapnap is so strong to the point where they call each other 'Brother'... Surely he knows that Sapnap wouldn't mind and he would help him right?

One thing I'll never forget is what else he mumbled, as if his brother was stood right in front of him... "Sapnap. I know this sounds crazy but- there's this guy who spoke to me in my head! I saw his eyes... He's different from the others... The other voices... He's- He seems caring. He- His eyes-  They're so pretty! His voice is so calming- he helps me..."

Yeah. I remember them all word for word. His voice was so... broken as the week began yet just yesterday he was-  He was speaking about me. Yeah what he said at first was fairly quiet but I could hear him... struggling. It made my chest hurt. I just wanted him to be okay. He seemed like he needed to be happy. He needed someone to comfort him. I knew that it had to be me. I had to be that person. The way he was speaking about me last night... How comforting my voice was to him as his was to me. (He'd never know that though. Not for now anyway...) I was getting out of here if it was the last thing I did. For him.

So. Do you remember the barrel I told you about? The one that was literally glued to the wall? Well... I have been scratching away at it and... I have gotten enough of the stupid stuff off of it to tear the barrel from the wall. There it was. A hatch. I could've already left but the truth is, I wanted to wait until he was back working on the shed. That way, I could have a sleep and I could surprise him? I think that's what I wanted to do... I waited until I had an explanation ready in my head though. I didn't want to just show up and him be like "What the fuck?!" for me to just be lying there, staring back at him.