Chapter 25

CHAPTER 25--rileys pov
Silence. That's the first thing my mind registered. There was no sound audible. I tried to open my eyes, but they were too heavy from being closed for so long. How long have I been out for? I attempted to lift my arm up to rub my eyes; something was holding them down. I kept turning around slightly in the chair I was sitting in. I winced and quietly cried out in pain as I felt the rope cut into my arms. I instantly stopped moving, hoping the pain would stop. It died down a little, but the fresh cuts still burned at the slightest gesture of movement.
About 20 minutes later
I was finally able to get my eyes open. I looked around the room I was placed in and memories started flooding back to me. The museum. My job as the green ranger. My family and ranch being destroyed. The samurai rangers joining the battle against the monsters. Ashley being half-monster. Ashley. How is she? Is she okay? Is she hurt? Where is she right now? Questions started filling my mind along with a mix of emotions. Worry. Anger. Regret. Guilt.
Guilt. That's right Riley. You're guilty. Guilty of ruining Ashley's life by telling her she's half-monster. Guilty by leaving your family's ranch and letting it get destroyed. Guilty of not saving your family. Guilty of messing everything up. Guilty of being you. I tried to lift my knees up so I could bury my head in them to think more, but a fiery pain shot through my body. A warm, thick liquid ran down my arms, starting from where the rope cuts--which I completely forgot about--were. I yelled out in pain, loudly this time. This is my life now. I'm stuck here. I'll never escape this nightmare.

A/N yes!!!! I finally updated!! Even if its an EXTREMELY short chapter it is still an update so there we go.

ALSO 2.45k READS!!! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR THAT!!! I LITERALLY LIKE CRIED MY EYES OUT WHEN I SAW THAT!! until next time...
~Skyler