is that my shirt?

prompts: "every time i see you, i fall in love with you all over again" & "i can't believe you remembered that" "i remember everything about you" & "i could just stare at you forever" "creep" & "i was doing fine, really, and then you waltz back in my life like you didn't break my heart" & "is that my shirt?"

summary: you and eddie broke up months ago, but when you hear someone was found dead in his trailer, you had to go with the group to find eddie and make sure he's ok <3

warnings: some bad language

*takes place in season four* 

------

It had been five months since you and Eddie broke up, and it still hurt you every day. You two were perfect together. The only reason you called it quits was because Eddie was tired of you being bullied just for dating him. It took a toll on both of you, and Eddie didn't want you to go through that anymore.

You thought you'd never have to see him again until Dustin and Max came busting into the Family Video store that you, Robin, and Steve worked at, saying that Chrissy Cunningham was found brutally murdered in Eddie's trailer. There was no way that he did this. You've seen a lot of crazy stuff, but there was no way Eddie did this.

"I know this is awkward for you, Y/N, but do you know where he could be hiding? We need to find him before the cops do. We all know Eddie didn't do this." Dustin said to you.

"There's a lake house that his friend owns. He used to take me there a lot. I remember him saying he felt safe there." You told the group.

"Fantastic. Where is it?"

The five of you jumped in Steve's car and headed for the lake house. When you discovered no one was at the house, you noticed the boat house in the back.

"Hello? Is anyone home?" Robin said.

"What a dump," Steve added. He then grabbed an oar and started hitting the boat filled with tarps.

"What are you doing?! What are you doing?" Dustin asked twice.

"He might be in here," Steve responded.

"So take the tarp off!" Dustin told him.

"If you're so brave, you take the tarp off!" Steve sassed back.

"You two are complete idiots." You told them.

Suddenly, Eddie jumped from the boat, hearing your voice, lunging at Steve, a broken bottle against Steve's neck.

"Eddie!" You all shouted at him.

"Eddie stop! It's us! Dustin and Y/N!" Dustin told him. As soon as he heard your name, he turned around to face you.

"It's ok Eddie, we're here to help. Let him go." You told him, walking slowly up to him. He let Steve go and then slowly slide down the wall, trauma all over his face. You squatted down next to him, putting a hand on his. "We need to know what happened." You told him. He looked at you.

"You won't believe me."

"Try us," Max said.

After sitting in silence for a few moments, hesitating on telling the group what he saw, he looked at you, head tilted. "Is that my shirt?" Eddie questioned. You were taken back, looking down at your shirt. Shit. Today had to be the day you accidentally put this on.

"Not important." You stated. "Please tell us what happened, Eddie."

While Eddie explained everything he saw, the group was trying to wrap their minds around Vecna and why this was happening. As the night grew on, Eddie was clearly starving. Steve, Robin, Max, and Dustin went into town to get Eddie his favorite foods, but you didn't want to leave him alone. The two of you sat in silence for a while, until Eddie finally broke it.

"I could just stare at you forever," Eddie told you. You looked at him and rolled your eyes.

"Creep." You replied.

"I can't believe you've been through something like this before and didn't tell me," Eddie said.

"I try to forget about all of the shit we've gone through. It's traumatic, as you know now. I'm so sorry you had to go through that too, Eddie." You got up and sat next to him against one of the walls.

"You hide it really well. I should've known all of those nightmares meant something." The nightmares. The ones that stopped a few months into dating Eddie. The ones that continued the second he left your life. "How are you doing, though? Since us..." Eddie dragged on.

"I was doing fine, really, and then you waltz back in my life like you didn't break my heart."

"It kinda wasn't my fault that I came into your life again, but I'm sorry."

"No, I'm sorry. You're right. I didn't even have to come with them to find you, but classic Y/N; the second anyone mentions your name, I'm there." Eddie smiled at you, sadly. "Do you have any idea how exhausting it is being friends with Dustin? You are all he ever talks about." You complained to Eddie.

"Excuse me, you realize I'm friends with him too? If we aren't talking about D&D, we are talking about how badass Y/N Y/L/N is and why I shouldn't have broken up with you." Eddie confessed to you. You just looked down, forgetting they were friends for a second too. "You're not the only one who hurts, Y/N. Every time I see you, I fall in love with you all over again. I see you walk in the hallways, the cafeteria, and after school in the parking lot. I even come into Family Video when I know you're doing inventory and won't see me. It hurts like hell not being able to be with you."

"Then why did you leave?"

"Because I know how much the hatred from others was starting to bother you. I couldn't let you go through that anymore." Eddie put his head down, ashamed.

"It was all worth it to be with you. Every single second. I have literally been to hell, A.K.A. the upside down, and I have fought some screwed-up monsters. Jason and the other's mean words didn't faze me. As long as you loved me, that's all that mattered." You were now looking at Eddie, your eyes on each other. You played with the bracelet on your wrist. The one Eddie gave you years ago before you were even dating. Eddie smiled and put his forehead on yours.

"I still can't believe you didn't have enough beads so you put 'EDE' instead of your full name." You said, referring to your bracelet.

"I can't believe you remembered that," Eddie said.

"I remember everything about you." You replied, realizing what you said after it left your mouth. Eddie turned his body towards you more and held your face with his hands.

"If we get out of this screwed-up mess, will you please go out with me? My buddy Dustin told me about you and I think we'd be good together." Eddie joked, kissing your forehead.

"Oh, so you're the crazy long-haired guy Dustin was telling me about who has the same bat tattoos as me? What a coincidence!" You smiled and looked at yours and Eddie's arms. You both got matching tattoos on your birthday last year. Eddie pulled you close and wrapped his arms around you, keeping you safe.

"So, you really know a girl with superpowers?" Eddie asked, clearly wanting to hear about everything that has happened in the past. You laughed and jumped right into the crazy Hawkins history, Eddie's arms wrapped around you the whole time. 

------

ok soo cute i love how this turned out. i decided to put a bunch of requested prompts together to save some time because i have been so busy but love writing so much for yall! i am slowly getting caught up on requests! sorry that it's taking a while! 

the matching tattoos were definitely inspired by the fact that i soooooo badly want the demo bat tattoo on my arm in the same place but it would be super visible lol. my other tattoos are on my back and forearm and small-ish haha. 

make sure to vote!