13

____________________________

There was something that she couldn't figure out, and it bothered the hell out of her.

Why was there so much numbers, letters, words and other indescribable methods that she couldn't wrap her head around?

Was this how the new era is thriving?

Whenever Present Mic would speak, it all went through one ear, going static in her brain, and going out the other ear like nothing happened.

Learning english?

Oh no go bro. She could only stare at the man like he was an alien.

Her eyes followed his mouth, watching it open and close. Seeing how his tongue moved behind his teeth, making the syllables he seemed to be pronouncing.

It sounded like he wasn't even speaking at all.

To her, it was all silence.

To him, it was just him bragging about himself and other topics in a foreign language.

Also, it was her being scolded by Aizawa for bring her weapon on campus as it was was considered a "deadly weapon".

Of course, the mummy man took it away from her.

Her eyes narrowed down at the memory, frowning harshly.

No one dares take her sword away from it. That and her haori.

There were the only two things that were keeping her sane in this world.

"Um.. [Name]—Can you please stop glaring at me?"

She broke out of her trance before blinking away the dry sting from her eyes only to see how pale the older male was in front of her.

He had beads of sweat all over his face, and his green eyes looked like they seen a ghost.

The girl felt her face warm up and she looked away, shying her red face from the teacher.

"I'm sorry, Sensei. I didn't mean to scare you." She mumbled, glancing down at her fingers.

He just let out a nervous chuckle, using his finger to pull the straining collar from choking his neck.

"It's fine. Let's stop for today. You seem out of it than usual." He mentioned, looking a tad worried.

Her red and gold eyes trailed up to meet his.

She knew that face. She always did.

He didn't have to give her that look.

"I'm fine, sensei. Let's continue."

She was fine.

All she had to do was smile.

Just smile perfectly.

His brows were nestled together, eyes were a bit widen as well as softened when looking at her form. His mouth was pulled into a straight, small line.