*Special Chapter*

[:ᴘ]

ғʟᴀsʜ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀs
____________________________

A beautiful young woman was sitting along the engawa, elegantly sewing up a tattered hole in her child's clothing after finding out that it got caught in a tree branch.

"You shouldn't be out here so much. The both of you will catch a cold.." the deep voice of her beloved came from behind as the feeling of fabric slowly covered her shoulders with a pair of lips gently kissing the top of her head.

A small gentle smile stretched along her face as her hand soothed the rippling movement of tiny little feet, pushing against the wall of her inners.

"I am sorry I worried you, but she somehow likes being outside..." she spoke.

Her words were like smooth, cooling silk pressed against your hands.

"She? I thought you said it was a boy.." her beloved chided, jokingly as he joined beside her, eyeing her protruding stomach from beneath her yukata.

She hums, eyes fixated on her sewing.

"I did. Yet—" she sucked in a deep breath, her face showing a twang of pain as her hand gently turned into a small fist.

"What is it? Ruka.."

Her beloved shifted towards her, brows were down in worry as he watched her scrunched her face. His left was placed in the middle of her back, holding her while his right reach and placed on the curve of her bump. He could feel the strong, powerful thrums beneath the palm of his calloused hand.

It was almost as if the babe could feel his presence that it immediately stopped. Both parents stared down at his hand before looking at each other.

Crimson met red and gold.

The two stared at each other, heat finding through to bloom across their cheeks as they let out airy chuckles.

"She already knew you were here." She laughed softly, blushing gently.

Her beloved stared at her. His own cheeks betraying him as he was a total simp for his beautiful wife. Seeing her in this new ray of beauty was something out of this world. Seeing her with their second child made her even glow more than their days together when she was pregnant with their first born.

Speaking of which, where was their first born?

His eyes looked around the yard, frowning when not seeing the wild head of hair that belong to his son.

"If you are looking for our son, he is fast asleep in the training room. He spent all morning training." Ruka answered his mind.

Sharp as knife, and blunt as ever.

A deep chuckle emerged from his chest while he closed his eyes, breathing the cool air that breezed through trees.

The day was glorious as ever. He couldn't ask for a better day. He thanked god for that.

The two sat together, bathing in each other's presence as well as feeling their unborn child move.