The Tale of Rapunzel 1

The Harvest Festival

In the Kingdom of Corona, the princess got up from her big bed. Rapunzel yawns and stretches her arms. The princess rubbed her eyelids. Rapunzel flickers her eyes. She opened her eyes halfway up at first. The princess was happy to be awake for another day. Rapunzel looked at her dressing screen.

There was something hanging on it. It's the latest dress made for the princess. The dress has long sleeves. It was long enough to show bare-feet. The dress are the colors of red, orange and yellow. The whole outfit was red. There's a light brown strap on the waist of the dress. The pumpkin embroideries are on the bottom of the outfit. It has green vines around the dark orange pumpkins. It has a layer of orange skirt under the dress. The outfit's long sleeves are the stripes of dark red and dark yellow. There's the yellow Corona emblem on the top of the dress.

She was surprised happily. Rapunzel gasped. She was excited. "The Harvest Festival is here..." Rapunzel whispered.

Outside of the Corona castle, the king and queen are having breakfast outdoors. They are in the white gazebo.

King Frederic notices someone coming over. He was pleased. "Good morning, Eugene." King Frederic added, greeting. "I see you're finally starting your day as our captain today." He stated. King Frederic smiles.

Queen Arianna was glad. "And you looked wonderful in uniform, Eugene." She added, mentioning. Queen Arianna raised her eyebrow. "You don't have to wear the helmet if you don't want to, by the way." She told him.

Eugene wore his red and yellow captain uniform. He has the yellow Corona emblem on his shirt. Eugene was delighted yet smirking. "Yes, your majesty." He added. Eugene takes off his big helmet. "I would be more comfortable for not having hat-hair for myself, to be honest." He admitted.

Eugene has his eyes widened. He was astonished.

Someone came out of the castle.

"I don't know, Eugene. I think you looked good in your uniform. Including your helmet." The princess mentions. She was mischievous.

Eugene turns around. He glimpses at Rapunzel.

The princess was smiling. She wore the autumn dress.

Queen Arianna was cheerful. "Good morning, sweetheart." She greeted.

Rapunzel waved at her parents. "Morning, mom, dad." She greets at them.

King Frederic nodded his head. "Good morning, dear." He said.

Eugene smiles at the princess. He was amazed. "Wow." Eugene added. He extended his arms. "Look at you, Rapunzel." Eugene said.

The princess walks towards the new captain of Corona.

Eugene was affectionate. "Just look at you, pumpkin. I was not only saying that because of the dress you're wearing." He added. Rapunzel shrugged. She stared at him. Eugene can't stop staring at the princess. "It's really that you got the spirit of autumn already." He believed.

Rapunzel giggled. She was still smiling. "That's so sweet of you." Rapunzel added. She rolls her eyes. "Not like pumpkin pie sweet." Rapunzel said.

The princess laughs herself. "You know, I can eat a slice of that for breakfast for once." Rapunzel mentioned.

King Frederic and Queen Arianna glanced at each other.

King Frederic was confused. "Pumpkin pie for breakfast, Arianna?" He asked.

Queen Arianna was confident. She shrugs. "It has vegetables in it, Frederic." Queen Arianna answered in her clarification.

King Frederic was contented. "Well since there's vegetables in pumpkin pies. I don't see why not." He said in his understanding.

Eugene was cheerful. "Rapunzel, a slice of pumpkin pie sounds great." He added. Eugene carried his big helmet. He offered his right hand to the princess. Rapunzel took it with her left hand. They hold their hands together. Eugene was passionate. "My second day of my job as captain starts out well. Can't get any more beautiful than yesterday." He uttered.

Rapunzel raised her eyebrow. "What about your first day yesterday, Eugene?" She wondered.

Eugene sighed. He was still passionate. "Let's just say my first day was to get to know Corona better." Eugene replied.

The princess and the new captain walked gradually together. Rapunzel was curious yet happy. "Did you, Eugene?" She asks.

Eugene stares at the princess. "I did. And they're all nice, Rapunzel." He answers.

Rapunzel was beamed. "That's wonderful, Eugene." She said.

Eugene was sympathetic. "Rapunzel, how's your head doing?" He wonders.

The princess sighs. She was not concerned. "I'm getting there, Eugene." Rapunzel replies frankly.

They halted near the table.

Eugene and Rapunzel meet face-to-face in their friendly matter.

Eugene puts his big helmet down on the table. He grasped her both hands. "Rapunzel...tell me..." Eugene added. He has his puppy eyes. "What do you recall, princess?" Eugene asked.

Rapunzel takes a deeper breath. She was ready with her grin. The princess has emotional eyes. "I was truly born here in the Kingdom of Corona...My name is Rapunzel...I was the lost princess...I lived in the tower for eighteen years...Not knowing when will my life begin...Cassandra rescued me from the tower...You and Varian are brothers...You lived in Old Corona for two years...And now, you're here with me...I have friends who supported me to remember by..." she added. King Frederic and Queen are awestruck. Eugene was happier. Rapunzel smiles. The princess blinked her eyes twice. She got teary. "I used to have a dream about floating lanterns...It came true on my 18th birthday...I know you loved Varian so much as you are his brother...I loved you, Eugene...You are my new dream..." Rapunzel answered. She sighed.

Eugene's left hand held Rapunzel's right cheek. He was compassionate. "I loved you too, Rapunzel...And you are mine..." Eugene whispers.

Eugene and Rapunzel both slowly leans their heads. They narrowed their eyes. Eugene and Rapunzel are nearly to touch their mouth. He sees his beautiful dream woman. She sees her dream hero. Rapunzel shut her eyes right away. She kissed his lips with hers.

Eugene was stunned. He blinked his eyes once. Eugene felt her tender love. He narrows his eyes. Eugene was captivated. He closed his eyes.

Eugene and Rapunzel are falling in love truly, madly and deeply.

Their faces are more blushing than the red apples.

Next part soon!