The Tale of King Edmund

The Dark King Visits Old Corona

King Edmund was riding a black and white horse. He was confident yet determined. "Ride forward, Domino! We're heading to Old Corona to see Eugene!" King Edmund exclaimed.

The black and white horse neighs happily.

It was the first day of Autumn.

In Old Corona, Eugene gets out of Varian's house.

Lance, Varian, Kiera and Catalina are helping Quirin with the pumpkins.

They are pulling them out of the garden.

Eugene was perplexed yet smiling. He raised his eyebrow. "Did you guys start the harvest season without me?" Eugene inquired.

Quirin cuts the pumpkins' vines with his garden knife. He was confident. "You have not miss a thing, Eugene." Quirin said.

Kiera and Catalina are carrying each a small pumpkin. They are smiling at Eugene.

Kiera was annoyed yet happy. "How's your right shoulder, Eugene?" She asked.

Catalina was delighted. "Glad you're outside again, Eugene." She said.

Eugene crisscrosses his arms. "Kiera, my right shoulder was a bit sore. It's getting better." He added, answering. "Catalina, thank you for being so thoughtful of me." Eugene said.

Catalina giggled.

Kiera and Catalina puts their little pumpkins in the wheelbarrow.

Varian was cheerful. He picked up the medium pumpkin. "Hey, Eugene!" Varian added, exclaiming. He placed it in a different wheelbarrow. "Should I tell Princess Rapunzel that you are ready for protecting Corona?" Varian wondered.

Eugene was confused yet mischievous. "Varian, if I am prepared to start my day as the captain of Corona, I would tell the princess myself." Eugene replied.

The dark king arrives. He was surprised and happy at the same time. "You're the new captain of Corona, Eugene?!" King Edmund inquires in exclamation.

Eugene turns around. He was eccentric. "Dad?!" Eugene added, exclaiming. He extended his arms. Eugene smiled. "You came! You came to see me!" He shouted.

King Edmund dismounted Domino. He hurried to his son.

Lance grabbed a big pumpkin. He was thrilled. "We've got a royal visitor!" Lance exclaims.

King Edmund was glad. "I missed you a lot, son!" He exclaimed. King Edmund hugged Eugene hard.

Eugene's eyes are bugged out.

Varian and Quirin are nervous.

Eugene was awkward yet irritated. He waves his arms crazily. "Dad-dad-dad!" Eugene added, shouting. Eugene's right hand gestures at his bruise area. "Right-shoulder-right-shoulder!" He screamed.

King Edmund lets go of Eugene instantly. King Edmund was baffled. "Oh sorry, Eugene..." King Edmund added, apologizing. "I guess you have your first week already, huh..." he said.

Quirin perturbed. He groans. Quirin was irked. "Your majesty, Eugene hasn't start his first day yet." He stated.

Varian was solemn. "My big brother had his captain training in Corona a week ago. He fell into the mud-hole to his waist. The criminal dummy gave him a left black eye." Varian explains.

King Edmund raises his eyebrow. "Kinda reminds me of my warrior training before I become the king of the Dark Kingdom." He mentioned.

Eugene rubbed his right shoulder. He was peeved. Eugene looked at his father. "And the two royal guards, Stan and Pete, gives me the congratulatory punch at my right shoulder. I couldn't begin my first day in this condition." He mentions.

King Edmund shrugs. "I don't blame you for taking yourself easy for a late start, Eugene." He uttered.

Varian picks up another medium pumpkin. He was confused. "So what brings you here in Old Corona, your majesty?" Varian asked.

King Edmund was confident yet awkward. "Well Varian, I am here to see Eugene. And probably seeing how the village is going." King Edmund answered.

Lance put the big pumpkin in the third wheelbarrow. He fetched another big pumpkin. Lance was enthusiastic. "Old Corona is going great, your majesty." He said. Lance places it in the third wheelbarrow.

Catalina got another small pumpkin. "We're just having the harvest season today." She said. Catalina puts it in the second wheelbarrow.

Kiera gets another one. She was annoyed. "Care to pitch in for Quirin's help?" Kiera added, inquiring. "There's lots of pumpkins to get out of the patch." She mentioned.

King Edmund was perplexed. "Where do you keep the pumpkins after harvesting them then?" He wondered.

Varian was cheerful. "Oh, there's the festival coming soon around here! You and Eugene can send them to the villagers! They loved pumpkins!" He replied in exclamation. Varian puts it in the wheelbarrow.

King Edmund smiled at Quirin.

Quirin smiles back at the dark king. He nodded his head once.

King Edmund faces Eugene. "Is the Harvest Festival fun here in Old Corona, son?" He asks.

Eugene was happy yet compassionate. "Yes, dad." He added, answering. Eugene clarifies. "There's more than just pumpkins here. They played games. They enjoyed drinking apple ciders. And let's not forget my best part..." he said.

Varian was smirking. He got the next medium pumpkin. "Storytelling to the kids about Flynnigan Rider tales?" He wonders. Varian placed it in the wheelbarrow again.

Eugene faced Varian. He finger-pointed with his both hands. "You got it, brother!" Eugene exclaimed.

King Edmund was excited. "Why not. I loved the adventure books of Flynnigan Rider." He added. King Edmund goes to one produce-carrier. "Grab the wheelbarrow, Eugene. We're making the awesome Harvest Festival in Old Corona we have ever seen." King Edmund declared.

Eugene chuckles. He fetches the other wheelbarrow. Eugene was thrilling. "Right behind you, dad." He utters.

Eugene lifted the wheelbarrow. He looked at Varian. Eugene smiled.

Varian smiles back at Eugene.

King Edmund checks on his son. "Eugene?" King Edmund asked.

Eugene glanced at his father. "Uh-huh, coming." He answered.

King Edmund and Eugene are moving their wheelbarrows together. They mingled while working together for the Harvest Festival.

Lance, Varian, Catalina and Kiera continued to take out one pumpkin out of Quirin's garden. They have worked so hard.

They got so many wheelbarrows to fill up with pumpkins.

The good question to Eugene and Varian is this; Will Princess Rapunzel be attending for Old Corona's Harvest Festival?

Should I try The Tale of Rapunzel next? Next part soon!