The Tale of the Cheery Dragon 6

In the peaceful forest, Brock and Varian are back on the grassy ground.

The dragon smiled at the alchemist.

Varian was glad at LBG. He hugged the dragon's head. LBG purrs. Varian was heartfelt. "Thank you for everything." He whispered.

The dragon was cheerful.

Varian let go of LBG.

Brock grinned. He was smirking. "Ready for your reunion, kid?" Brock asked.

Varian was smiling. "Yeah." He answered. Then, Varian realizes. "Oh!" He added, exclaiming. Varian brought something out of his shirt. He handed him his novel. Varian was awkward yet grinning. "I was reading this book. I have finished it before. It's one of the classics." He mentioned.

Brock was eccentric yet emotional. "The Original Tales of Flynnigan Rider?!" He added, inquiring in exclamation. "I loved adventure novels. This is great. This is so great right now." Brock said excitedly. He takes the novel from the alchemist. Brock shoved it in his shirt.

Varian shrugged. "I figured it was my thank you gift to you. For helping me." He said.

Brock chuckles. He was delighted. "Just let me take you home and we'll call it even." Brock suggested.

Varian was gladder.

Several minutes later, Brock and Varian almost made it to Old Corona.

Brock halts. He glanced at the dragon. Brock was bothered. "LBG, stay hidden. We don't want to cause trouble here." He urged.

The dragon was disappointed yet understanding. LBG concealed himself in the trees. The dragon changes colors.

Varian was amazed at it. "LBG can camouflage like the chameleon." He believed.

Brock was compassionate. "You think dragons can just fly and breathes fire, kid?" He inquires.

Varian was confident at Brock. "I'm a scientist, Brock. I loved to discover things." Varian stated.

Brock was impressed. "Good call, kid." He said.

Brock glimpsed at the village. He was puzzled yet happy. "Which one is your house, kid?" Brock wondered.

Varian pointed out for him. "The one that looks like a small castle." He replied.

Brock takes Varian's left hand. "Let's go." Brock said.

Varian made a sad smile at Brock. He was being dragged by the mustache-thief.

Brock and Varian arrived near Varian's front door.

Before Brock try to knock on the front door, Brock and Varian glances to their left. They are taken aback.

"Release my son, thief!"

It was Quirin who yelled. He was enraged.

Adira was resolute at Brock.

Lance, Kiera and Catalina are not thrilled with Brock.

King Edmund was stern at Brock.

Brock was baffled. He looked at Varian. "Your dad?" Brock asks.

Varian was gloomy. He looks back at Brock. "Yup." Varian answers. He was nervous.

Quirin was mad at Brock. "I don't know how you got away with my son from the dragon. I am not surprised to see you in my village like this." Quirin ranted.

Brock lets go of Varian's left hand. Brock was awkward yet grinning. "Okay, sir. I know you're upset about the kid here." He believes.

Quirin was triggered. "You're one of Lady Caine's criminals!" He argued.