Ch 43: Pyramid Scheme

Your P.O.V.

It's been a week since Ultor tried to kill me and the others. Of course, we took the mall away from them and killed a couple dozen executives. But it didn't seem to do to much damage to Ultor. And I was still waiting for the others to get any info on The Pyramid. But so far, there hasn't been anything on it yet.

While waiting, some scientist named Terra Patrick contacted me. She was a scientist for Ultor who wanted to get revenge on them. I didn't care why, and agreed since it was a way to hurt Ultor. Though I had to dig up dead bodies, steal some toxic waste, and get Terra to do an interview with channel six.

Sadly, it didn't work out as Ultor just covered it up. Though we agreed to help each other whenever we could. And good timing too, as I just got a call from Carlos. He wanted me, Johnny, and Pierce to meet him and Shaundi at a restaurant. It turned out Shaundi got some intel on The Pyramid.

After I met the others at the restaurant, Shaundi came in and showed us a bunch of pictures. It was a bunch of scientists like Terra, testing equipment, and lots of science lab junk. Shaundi then revealed that The Pyramid was an R&D facility hidden in Mount Claflin. And Ultor was using it to both run experiments and make weapons.

Pierce: Why's Ultor gunnin' for us?

Y/n: That doesn't metter, because I've got a plan. Pierce, Shaundi, and Carlos, I want you three to hit as much Ultor property as you can. If Ultor wants to come after us, fine, but we're going to make it fucking cost them. Gat, you and I are going to destroy The Pyramid.

Johnny: What, we don't get to blow shit up in public?

Y/n: Fine, we'll do a bit of damage street side, but we need to be quick. I don't want to give Ultor any more of a heads up then we need too.

So with that, we all left to start taking apart Ultor. Meanwhile, I made my way over to Saints Row. I knew Ultor would have a lot of targets around the district. So I knew it would be a good place for me to hit. Upon arriving in the district, I made my way to the police station and destroyed a cop car with a grenade.

I knew if I caused enough trouble, Ultor would send reinforcements. So after the police station, I started blowing up a few other cars. Then I went to an office building where there were Ultor execs and killed them. After that, I blew up a Rim Job's garage and a Foreign Power car dealership. That's when a bunch of cops started chasing me. Luckily there was a Forgive and Forget nearby.

Once I lost the cops, I made my way to an open sewer system. I didn't want to go in, but Shaundi's intel said this was the way into The Pyramid. So I went in to catch up to Johnny so we could blow this place up. Once I found Johnny, he revealed a key card he stole from a dead guard and explosives.

So we started making our way into The Pyramids sciene labs. And after killing the guards, we set some explosives in each one to destroy them. Once the last of the explosives were set, I started the timer and we started running. It was a good thing we found an APC to use for our escape. Because we were just able to get out before The Pyramid exploded. And let's just say that it was an amazing sight to see.

Third P.O.V.

A few hours later, Dane Vogel went to meet Ultor's directors. With the loss of The Pyramid, it cut into their profits. And the board of directors were really upset about it. But Dane was the only one who seemed to be calm about it.

Director #1: Dane, while your project has yielded positive results, the board is a little concerned.

Vogel: I don't understand.

Director #2: The Saints are out of control!

Vogel: That was the point.

Director #1: When you budgeted funds for "forced majeure," we didn't realize that compromising The Pyramid was what you had in mind.

Vogel tried to explain that The Saints were violent criminals. Then he went on to say how The Pyramid wasn't going to last forever. And Vogel stated they could use the opportunity to try and look like the victims. But of course, the board of directors weren't to happy about Dane's ego and demanded that he fix the problem.

Vogel tried to explain that he was the reason Ultor is what it is. But the board didn't care and threatened him to deal with The Saints. Because if he didn't, then being fired was going to be the last thing he'd have to worry about. And he agreed to deal with Ultor's problem, but his idea of a problem was far different from the board of directors problems. And let's just say Vogel had a plan to get rid of his problems.