SEVEN

Brooke's POV

Sitting on this train had me nervous, not so much in the case it derails, it was more of a, I have a date tomorrow and have nothing cute to wear. This of course wasn't true, I packed cute outfits, but I felt like they were subpar to be able to go out on a date with a K-pop idol. 

I should text and ask him to define cute, like a dress? Skirt? Jeans and a cute top? I thought, pulling out my phone but deciding against it at the last moment. 

"Are you okay?" Yuna asked me, typing away on her phone. She woke me up around six this morning to get the car packed and the rental back to the car place. I don't think she realized I was only running on three hours of sleep.

Granted that was my fault because I decided to text Changbin for a solid hour last night, and I also hadn't told her about this date yet, because I was exhausted. However, because I was so anxious about this date, I was unable to fucking nap on this train. 

Can someone, please knock me out so my brain stops working for several hours so I can sleep. I said mentally. 

"Yeah," I said back to her. "I just didn't sleep well, and I've got a lot on my mind." I peeked at her phone screen and saw she had been texting Namjoon this entire time. I had to stop myself from smiling because at least she hit it off with someone who has a very similar personality to her.

"How was dinner?" She asked, looking up from her phone and locking eyes with me.

Well shit, do I just tell her now? She might kill me for not telling her as soon as we woke up, but usually, if I tell her something relating to a guy at an ungodly hour she just stares at me like 'I haven't had coffee yet, shut up'. Which is fair, I do the same thing. Maybe if I tell her about the date though she can help me decide on an outfit. I monologued internally.

"Oh, it was a lot of fun," I started to say. "They really liked us and liked me enough to give me all their contact information. I literally got thrown into a group chat with them, that currently has over sixty messages, I still haven't read."

Okay, good Brooke, now lead her into the fact you stayed up messaging Changbin and now have a date with him tomorrow. I thought.

"That's great!" She said, smiling. "Not going to like, Chan looks like he has a thing for you."

My smile faltered.

"Chan? Like... Christopher? Deadass?" I asked. Was that why he was the only other one to message me separately last night? Maybe not, I mean Felix and Han both texted me separately this morning to tell me they had fun last night and literally passed out before they could text me then. I also read the group messages before they all woke up and started typing again. I realized Lee Know, Jeongin, Seungmin, and Hyunjin all said it in the group chat, which led to them joking around suddenly. I thanked them all this morning in the chat for hanging out and said I couldn't wait to maybe hang with them all in Seoul and now my phone has been going off for the last two hours of this trip. 

"Is there another one?" She asked with a weird look on her face, like why was I confused if he liked me.

"Oh, I wasn't sure if you were talking about him..." I trailed off, "There is something I have to tell you though."

"Oh! Same here," she started. "Namjoon asked me out for coffee again when we get to Seoul and I told him I'd go with him tomorrow. I'll only be gone a couple of hours in the morning, so then maybe we can go explore Seoul when I get back."

"About that..." I began. "I actually got asked on a date by one of the guys last night, and from my understanding, it's an all-day thing. He's going to show me around Seoul and then we're getting dinner tomorrow night, so if you wanted, you could hang with Namjoon all day if permitted." I ended on a good note hoping she won't be upset I essentially am ditching her for an entire day to go out with a guy I only just met. 

She blanked for a moment, at a loss for words. Looked at her phone because Namjoon just messages her, then back to me because I said I had a date, then back to her phone where she typed a super quick response I feel like consisted of the words 'give me one-moment brb', and then she looked back at me.  

"The hell you mean you have a date? And you waited this long to tell me?" She said with annoyance.

"I wasn't sure how you'd take it! I didn't want you to think I was jumping into something, especially cause we're only here a couple more weeks, and also I didn't want you to think I'm ditching you for a guy either." I said hastily. 

"Woman, first off, you got yourself a cute date with a guy who is probably really interested in you. Since this is your first date in a long time, I'm actually happy for you, so shut the hell up about that BS." She began. "Second of all, girl, if you and he end up really liking one another, just move here." She laughed. 

I pursed my lips at her.

"It's not that easy, especially since I still have an apartment to pay rent at, and I have my master's I'm working on," I responded.

"Which one asked you out?" She asked, ignoring my last statement.

"Changbin," I mumbled.

"Who?" She didn't hear me, but I also wasn't trying to shout his name on a packed train.

"Changbin." I whisper-yelled to her and her eyes got wide, then she smirked.

"Got you a short-king I see." And then she started to laugh with her whole chest.

"I hate you so much," I rolled my eyes but chuckled with her. 

"So what's the plan for your outfit?" She asked and I started to go into detail and ask her for help because I really wanted this to go well.

-------------------------------

Changbin's POV

I woke up to my phone buzzing off the charts, confused I grabbed it only to hear Felix next to me.

"Sorry, that's the group chat with Brooke." He said and I groaned back, covering my face with a pillow wanting to sleep more. 

"You were up late last night." He said to me, and I peeked at him from under the pillow.

"What do you mean, we all were?" I skirted around his question. 

"You were texting someone for like an hour last night after we all got back, I saw the light." He rolled his eye and laughed a little.

"Oh, I was just texting Brooke." I decided not to try and avoid this conversation. It'd be easier to just tell him the truth.

"Nice, did you and her end up making up then?" He asked.

"I mean we never had an issue..."

Felix looked at me like I was crazy, but didn't say anything. So, I got up and went to shower, since I noticed we had to leave soon for Seoul.

"Don't forget in a couple of days we have the TV interview about our tour." He called to me, and I never turned around so fast.

"Tomorrow or in two days?" I asked urgently.

Please say two days, please say two days. I thought to myself.

He raised an eyebrow at me.

"In two days, why?"

"I couldn't remember, you stressed me out for a moment." I chuckled to play it off, but I don't think he was convinced. Oh well.

I'd tell them about the date after it happens. I don't need them teasing me right beforehand. I stepped into the shower and washed away my nerves.

I wonder if I should text her first or not? I thought, and I let thoughts flood my mind of where I would take her tomorrow.