SIXTEEN

Changbin's POV
-
-

I saw Brooke running across the road to my car so I unlocked it as she opened the back door and tossed some stuff in. I looked and saw it was her bag and a blanket and I raised an eyebrow at her, questioning the blanket, but she ignored it.

"Where to, Binnie?" She asked.

"How do you feel about the beach?" I responded.

"Thank God I brought a blanket." She said, knowing it would be freezing cold out by the water.

"I rented us this little like beach cabana thing, it's not entirely enclosed, but it'll keep the wind from blowing at us from all sides, and we can see the ocean," I said, keeping my eyes on the road.

"Wait, seriously?" She asked and I nodded.

"Are you hungry?"

"I could eat, why?" Brooke asked.

"No reason," I smiled, knowing she was in for a surprise when we got there.

I paid a bit more to have them set up a beach cabana in the dead of winter, especially with a meal included, and charcuterie board and wine. I wanted this to feel special to her, especially because we have to sneak around for a bit just to go on dates, and this is just our second date. I looked over at her and saw she was looking at something on her phone and I couldn't help but admire her. Just for her as a whole, her attitude, humor, and teasing had me going insane with wanting this girl all to myself but I had to be patient. 

I didn't want her thinking we were moving too fast, or that I only wanted her for sex. I wanted this girl because of who she was, and how she was around me. 

"Binnie, you're staring," she said, not even looking up from her phone, I shot my head back to the road.

"Sorry, you're just really pretty," I flirted.

She didn't respond, but I could see her smiling.

"So, what's the plan for the 'next date'?" She asked.

"We've barely started this one and you're already wanting to know about our third date?" I teased and she nodded.

"I have to plan accordingly, especially with Christmas being a few days away. Yuna and I were going to spend the morning together and then she was going to see her family in the afternoon... I'm not sure if I'm going yet, I don't want to intrude on them so I might sit on the couch and watch Netflix and just relax." She explained.

I nodded and didn't respond right away.

"Usually the guys and I do gifts in the morning, then go to our families, sometimes. Because Chan and Felix haven't been home to Australia in a few years, either they go with each other to one of our houses or just spend the day together... maybe you can come to our Christmas in the afternoon, and I can ask the guys if they're okay with that... I mean if you want to?" I asked. 

"That'd be fun, I'd love to!" She said, smiling really big.

"Cute," I said, resting my hand on her knee, and I felt her body warm under my touch which made me smile as we kept driving to our destination.

-------------------

Watching this girl wrap herself into her blanket, hold a glass of wine, and discuss with me how the sequel Star Wars movies had so much potential but ended up sucking was probably one of the greatest things to ever be a part of. She got so heated talking about her opinions and I adored it because it showed me she wasn't afraid to stand up for something she loved.

I just kept quiet and let her rant about how Kylo Ren was robbed of a better redemption arc and how Rey was not a Skywalker, but she should've become a Sith Lord. I just chuckled and took a sip of my wine as I ate some crackers off the charcuterie board.