TWENTY-NINE

Changbin's POV

-

-

I didn't think I heard Brooke right...

"I'm sorry, what?" I said walking toward her.

"I said, why the fuck are we on TV?" She asked again, her jaw still open.

I didn't say anything as I approached and instead listened to the newscaster speak.

"Exciting news tonight," She began in Korean. "Stray kids members, Seo Changbin seems to have locked himself down with a pretty foreign girl. Tonight, several people capture photos of the two of them leaving a hotel and heading to a small convenience store to buy food for their evening where they then headed back to the same hotel. 

Several Stays, members of their fan base, also touched on the topic, asking for photos and telling us the girl was very sweet and took photos of them and Changbin together. 

There is not much more information at this time about the couple, and the mystery girl he was seen with. There weren't any good photos of her face, as well as she wore a mask to hide her features. 

Stay tuned for hopefully more information soon." She finished talking and I saw Brooke looking at me to explain what just happened.

I shortened it but explained we were caught together. Before she could respond, my phone started going off and I saw Chan was calling.

"Did you see the news?" He asked.

"Yeah, not sure what to do at this point, especially because we were seen leaving and coming back here..." I trailed off, rubbing the back of my next anxiously. 

"Has he called you yet?" He asked, sounding just as nervous.

"No, but I'm not worried about him, I can handle that, plus he'd probably call you first and blame you for this, not that it's your fault... sorry man," I said, laying back on the bed. 

Brooke came over and got into the bed, placing a pillow on her lap and I moved up so I could rest my head on the pillow as she played with my hair. 

"I mean we could always say that wasn't you, you can't really tell in the photos... except for the Stays that talked about it and probably sent their photos in..." Chan said to me.

"What do we do?" I asked, trying not to fall asleep because of Brooke.

"It's late, and more than likely JYP won't call you until the morning, so for now we ignore it," Chan said. 

"Okay, that's fine," I said back.

"Enjoy your night as much as you can, don't let this get to you," he said.

"I'll try, see you."

"Bye, Changbin," Chan hung up the phone and I threw my phone across the bed and sighed in frustration. 

"What's going on?" Brooke asked.

"Basically, we're fucked, but I'm more fucked than you because JYP hasn't called me yet about this and it's usually bad if an idol is in a relationship," I said.

"Oh..." was all she said.

"That does not mean I am going to leave or break up with you, didn't we just have a deep discussion about being soulmates right before I made it hard for you to walk?" I teased and she blushed while cracking up laughing. 

"So what do we do?" She asked, flicking my forehead.

"We wait, and ignore the news for right now. Act like we don't know anything and anything we do know is wrong." I told her and she nodded.