TWENTY-EIGHT

Changbin's POV

-

-

I held Brooke for hours while we just talked and relaxed about the emotional distress she just put herself through. I know she no longer loves her ex as she said, but I also know this isn't something she'll get over in a night. She had fallen asleep in my arms about thirty minutes ago after crying for a really long time and all I wanted to do at this point is take care of her and protect her.

I took my phone from beside my pillow and decided to message Chan while she was asleep on my chest.

Hey, I have a question... I sent him.

 It was a few minutes before he responded.

Yeah, what's up? He asked.

How mad would you be if A. I flew to America for about a week... and B. I got my own apartment some time too? I texted back.

I'm sorry, what now?! He asked, and immediately my phone started ringing with a phone call.

"Hello...?" I said hesitantly into the phone, answering his call.

"Changbin, what the fuck are you talking about right now?" He said back, confused.

"So, Brooke and I may or may not have confessed we love one another... I may or may not be helping her move out of the country... and we may or may not be moving in together..." I said, and not going to lie, saying it out loud sounded crazy but I didn't care.

"Have you actually lost your mind?" He said back and I know his jaw was on the floor in confusion.

"It may sound like that, but believe me when I tell you this is the sanest decision I have ever made," I said back. 

"Did Brooke talk to Yuna about this, and I mean I can't stop either of you, neither can she... but still..." He trailed off.

"Uh, well Brooke just officially ended things with her ex... and cried herself to sleep because of mental exhaustion... on top of everything that happened yesterday..."

"Binnie, I love you man, I just want you to make sure you're one-hundred percent sure about this... I would hate for her to move here and then you all don't work out in the end... I really think you should think this over..." Chan said back to me. 

"Chan, I appreciate the worry, but when I tell you... I've never felt this way about anyone, not even my ex...," I began to say. "Brooke is different, I never told you but it's like we were meant to find one another, and she just feels like my soulmate and I've never been happier to finally have her in my life like this." I finished.

"And I get that... but isn't she in graduate school? Doesn't she have an apartment? Is she even sure she wants to move here?" He asked.

"I can't answer that for her, but from my understanding, she didn't even want to go to graduate school in the first place, and she's said she and Yuna have been planning to move here anyway... I figured this might be the first step." I responded. 

"Maybe she should call Yuna... but again, you're an adult and I will support you both no matter what. You know I love you, man." Chan said.

"I know, I love you too, you've been there for me every time I needed you. I'll have her call Yuna once she wakes up... but I am going back to America with her after the holiday, just so you know." I said.

I heard Chan sigh into the phone, but he knows once I set my mind to do something I am barely ever deterred from it.

"Whatever you want to do Changbin, just make sure you're safe and you're absolutely sure. I'll talk to you later, let me know what happens... also if you move out, Seungmin might live on your couch just to be with you," he joked and I laughed.