THIRTY-FIVE

Brooke's POV

-

-

I walked home from work, the summer air hitting my face as I rounded the corner to me and Changbin's apartment. I smiled because he had planned a nice dinner for us tonight. It had been a few weeks since we were able to go out as he had been working a lot for this next comeback and their last tour before they all took a break to do their military service. 

Chan would be enlisting right after their tour and Minho decided to go in with him, Changbin told me after this tour he would be waiting a year and producing before entering the military to do his service. That made me happy because it would give him and me the opportunity to really be a couple for a while. 

Living in Korea with him for the last four years had been blissful, but not the easiest at times. I couldn't tour with them at all the last few times but finally, I was going with them this time, mainly because it was their last one for a while. I looked forward to getting to see them perform in action since I never really got to go to performances here. 

Changbin and I tried our hardest to stay on the down-low for our relationship, even though everyone knew we were an item. The last four years had been filled with scandals and arguments, but in the end, he and I always worked it out. Especially since we trusted one another and told each other everything. And if Changbin had been hiding anything from me I doubt he would have fought every time they toured for me to come. JYP would never let me, but this time he did, and I was making sure everything went perfectly so nothing would happen.

I walked to the elevator of our complex, seeing the cameras flash as I walked into the building and I rolled my eyes. There would probably be something in the news later about Changbin and I having broken up and getting back together for the millionth time this month. I smirked at the thought, laughing at the notion.

In the four years, he and I have been together we haven't broken up once, but I will say Chan has been our therapist more times than I can count, but he's always been understanding and helping us work past issues that may have arisen. Minho and I also got way closer and I consider him my best friend next to Changbin. It was also nice seeing the boys get into their own relationships or focus on their solo work more and more these last few years. Especially Han who was already working on releasing his first solo album with Chan and Changbin featuring on a song. 3Racha never loses themselves when it comes to making albums. 

I unlocked the door to our apartment and was greeted with heavy bass and several people talking. I forgot it was dinner for the family, which consisted of the entirety of Stray Kids and Yuna and Namjoon. I already smelled heavenly food coming from the kitchen, walking in and placing all of my stuff down I headed into our living room. Changbin was sitting at his sound desk, Namjoon and Chan were next to him listening to the bass coming out of his speakers. Binnie was also working on his first solo album, but he was a lot pickier about how he wanted it to sound. He always played my songs and I loved sitting with him while he worked, but sometimes I could tell he needed a professional opinion, not so much mine. 

I let them be and said hi to the boys sitting on the couch watching a movie before walking into the Kitchen to Seungmin and Felix helping Yuna cook.

"Welcome home!" Yuna said from the sink.

"Hey! What's on the menu?" I asked, taking a seat at the counter.

"Food," Seungmin responded, seasoning the chicken in front of him.

"Wow, never would have guessed," I rolled my eyes, leaning over the counter to punch him in the arm. 

"Hilarious, isn't he?" Felix said, giving me a hug hello. "How was work?"