NINE

Changbin's POV

Did I read that right? My jaw dropped at the last message she sent.

'Guess you'll have to wait and find out', I re-read her message about ten times before fully processing her. 

The way I was trying to wrap my head around her typing that. 

Was she being serious? Was she joking? Was that her way of saying she thought this date would lead to a one-night stand? I really hoped not, but now I was overthinking, and I knew I shouldn't we were both flirting, but now I was unsure. My inner thoughts clouded my brain and I couldn't think straight now, because now I was imagining finding each and every one of her tattoos. 

"You good?" Felix asked, trying to glimpse at my phone. 

"Yeah! No, I'm fine, perfectly fine..." I trailed off, he raised an eyebrow but didn't push to find out more. 

I opened my phone again, stared at her message, and smirked, figuring out what I wanted to send back to really see what she meant.

Oh? And when might I find out? I sent back to her. 

I locked my phone and closed my eyes, leaning my head back to rest for a bit, and let her think over her response. At least I thought she'd think over it until I felt my phone vibrate almost an instant later. I looked at the notification so fast, it took me a moment to process Brooke had already messaged me back. I had to remember though, that we aren't high schoolers anymore, and this is just careless flirting. This is two adults, going back and forth, clearly interested in one another... at least I hope she's as interested as I am. I unlocked my phone and looked at her response.

Maybe sooner than you think, :p. She sent back, and I licked my lips and thought for a moment, once again how to respond. 

I should probably defer from this, before either I get my feelings hurt, or I overthink this entire conversation and end up being uncomfortable for the rest of this car ride. I thought to myself as I shifted in my seat, trying to calm my body down. 

LOL, maybe so, also I'm gonna pick you up around ten tomorrow morning if that's okay? I sent back, basically pushing her text to the back of my mind. 

--------------------

Brooke's POV

After sending that last text, I bit my lip waiting to see if he'd flirt back or ignore it, and he kind of ignored it in his response, but I smiled because he brought up our date.

"So, we should be off this train in a couple of hours, so it'll be noon. We can go to grab lunch, and then head to Gangnam and find you a cute outfit if you want?" Yuna said. 

I had zoned out thinking of how to respond, so I didn't hear Yuna completely at first until she repeated herself and smacked my forehead.

"Bitch, did you hear me?" She said.

"What? Oh, yeah that's fine!" I said.

"Not you being infatuated with this boy, before your first date." She joked. 

"No, I'm not, he's just cute."

"He ran you over in an airport." She said.

"Yes, and I plan to bring that up tomorrow," I laughed. "But, yes, please help me find an outfit. I'm going to ask him how cute to dress."

Ten is perfect! Also, just how nice should I dress by the way? Like a dress, or jeans? I asked. 

Jeans and a cute top will be perfect! Of course, please dress warm still, it's supposed to snow harder tomorrow than usual in Seoul. He sent back. 

SNOW?! I sent back.

"Yuna, it's gonna snow tomorrow!" I said, super excited because I've never seen snow. 

My phone vibrated before she could respond.

Yes...? Why so excited? He texted back. 

I've never seen snow! I'm so excited! I sent back.

"I forget, you've never seen snow," Yuna said. "That'll be fun for you!" She said.

"Did you need an outfit tomorrow too? For Namjoon?" I wiggled my eyebrows.

She shoved my shoulder.

"If you must know, I already have something I'm going to wear." She chuckled.

I looked at my phone to see two messages, one from Changbin and one from Lee Know.

Well, I'm happy you'll get to see it tomorrow then. Also, excited to see you excited. Binnie said and it made me blush a little.

I looked at Lee Know's really quick before I responded.

Hey, Brooke! How are you? His said.

I'm good, how are you? I sent back. 

I went back to Binnie's messages and typed out a message.

Yes! I've always wanted to see snow, so when we planned this trip to come out here, I legit asked Yuna if it snows here and when she said yes I got so hype.

That's cute, I'm happy for you, and can't wait to go out tomorrow. He said.

Why do his cute messages make me blush so much? I barely knew him, why did I feel like this about him? Was it a crush, or was I just happy a man was giving me attention again after being single for several months? After getting out of a three-year-long relationship, I didn't know if I'd ever be able to get back into the dating game this soon, but for some reason, I felt like this was right, and was meant to happen. He just seemed like a genuinely good guy, and someone I wouldn't mind getting to know further, and I found myself hoping this date went perfectly so maybe we could go out again. I know I want to do a lot with Yuna on this trip, but if she's got Namjoon, maybe they can do more and I can do things with Changbin... I keep thinking it over though, why do I want to get to know him more and more if I leave in two and a half weeks? 

Brooke, don't think like that. I mentally scolded myself.

I thought about it, and maybe this is what my life is meant to do. I know I'm in graduate school and I wouldn't immediately move my life here, but also, maybe I'm supposed to? 

I shook my head, I'd worry about that later. I looked at my phone and saw we'd be in Seoul in about thirty minutes. So I started to pack up my stuff, making sure my chargers and laptop were put away so we could just get luggage and get to the Airbnb we'd be staying at for the next few weeks. I realized also just how hungry I was.

"We should get food too," I said to Yuna.

"Yes, and I know just where to go." She smiled.

"Perfect, let's have the time of our lives for these next couple of weeks, Yuna," I began. "Make the most of life."