Chapter Six

I DON'T KNOW IF I HAVE ALREADY PUT IN SCENTS ANYWHERE, BUT THEY WILL BE LISTED BELOW. I CHANGED SOME TO MATCH MY STORY LINE:
Y/N: HONEY AND HAZELNUT
SEOKJIN: FRESH RAIN AND SNOW
YOONGI: COFFEE AND CITRUS
HOSEOK: CARAMEL AND FRESH LEAVES
NAMJOON: FORESTRY AND SANDALWOOD
JIMIN: LAVENDER AND PEPPERMINT
TAEHYUNG: STRAWBERRIES AND FLORAL TEA
JUNGKOOK: FRESH COTTON AND BABY POWDER

XXX

It didn't take long before I was knocking on Areum's door, no answer being heard. I still push open the door, eager to see how my new patient is doing.

I was a bit confused when I didn't see her in the bed, the sheets pulled up to the pillows with no sign of her frail form. I hesitantly walk forward to check the sides of the bed, no luck in seeing her. Growing worried, I go to leave the room to gather a search team.

Just as I'm turning, I see the covers moving lightly. In confusion, I grab the sheets and go to pull them down. My eyes widen in shock as I come face-to-face with a shivering bear hybrid.

"Areum," I whisper in sadness at her shivering form and glistening wide eyes. "Are you going to hurt me?" A soft, feeble voice says, my ears barely catching on to the words she spoke.

"No sweetie," I replied sadly. "I'm here to make you feel strong so that you can grow up to be a brave girl." a tear escaped her eye before her lips began to wobble. "It's okay sweetheart," I reassured softly before moving an inch closer to the bed.

Her little nose twitches lightly to try and take my scent in, so to help her, I move my hand towards her. Her small hand takes a hold of mine before pulling on it lightly. I feel her small sniffles against my skin causing me to coo on the inside.

She starts to pull on my hand even more as she takes in the scent of honey and hazelnut. Her sad eyes look up towards me, pulling me into the dark depths of them.

"Do you promise?" She asks softly, squeezing my hand before letting it go reluctantly. "Yes," is the only reply I give, knowing that this girl held my heart in her hands.

She shuffles back on the bed before patting the spot next to her lightly. If my heart was already melting, it was sure as hell in a puddle now. I slowly got into the bed, keeping my eyes on her reactions to make sure that she didn't regret her decision.

Once I'm fully settled on the bed, she shuffles closer before burying her head in my neck. I move one of my hands to rest lightly on her back before the other one moves to comb lightly through her hair. Soft rumbles ripple through her lungs before escaping her lips, proving her content of being in my arms.

After five minutes of lying here with her, I feel her body go limp as she falls asleep, the rumbles still falling past her lips.

Just as I'm getting up from the bed, a soft knock resounds from the door.

The door opens revealing Moonbyul making me slightly confused as to why she has turned up. Noticing that Areum was asleep, she quietly shuts the door behind her before walking towards me.

"Hwasa told me that she was awake," she whispers before looking towards the girl laid on the bed and back to me. "Obviously she fell asleep though."

"She was hiding when I first came in," I whisper back sadly. "I couldn't make out her form under the covers until I noticed the shivering, poor girl was scared."

"Wheein said she would come in tomorrow to talk to her, you know how good she is with kids," she replies, soothing my heart and mind a bit, knowing that she will have the help and support needed around her. "What did you need?" I ask, knowing that she must have come in here for something.

"Oh," she exclaims, "I was going to talk to her about the adoption process. She needs to know that when she recovers from her 

wounds, she will have to be placed with a suitable family that can attend to her needs and won't abuse her." I nod in agreement, feeling saddened at the remembrance of her hurt. "I don't know how anyone can hurt such a sweet girl," I mutter sadly.

"Neither can I."