Chapter Thirty-Two

Namjoon POV

"Correct," she replies with a smirk. "So, why are you guys actually here?"

I shuffle around in my seat nervously at her question, avoiding eye contact with her.

"If you haven't gathered..y/n is our mate," Yoongi tells her bluntly. Wheein just raises an eyebrow as she looks at him, leaning back comfortably in her seat.

"I had a suspicion," she reveals. "With the way y/n has been feeling the last few days, the connection between you all became obvious for me...being a hybrid myself, I understand better than the average human what the bond looks like."

My head shoots up to look up at her. "Does she know?" I ask worriedly. "Why so worried?" she taunts. "By the sounds of it, y/n would be better off without your hate and prejudice against her."

A few growls vibrate around the room at her statement. "Calm down...y/n only suspects that she is your mate after our last meeting, but she isn't one-hundred percent sure of the fact."

Y/n POV

"Dr Moon," I called out as soon as Hwasa and I stepped into his office. He looked up from his computer, smiling softly at us as we walked towards the chairs placed before his desk.

"What brings you two here?"

"We were going to visit Jihoon again, but we wanted to see if you had an update on his notes...Dr Lee mentioned that you went with Jaebum to the breeding ring so you sort of got an insight to the situation," Hwasa says, leaning forward slightly in her chair.

He shuts off his computer and leans back in his swivel chair as he pulls his glasses off his face with a soft sigh. "Jihoon was the youngest hybrid there. We are unsure if he has any kind of parents, or if he's ever met them because he was in a cage alone by the time we found him. What we do know, is that they were killing off the hybrids that were a certain age and weren't sold off to others. We found a pile of rotting hybrid corpses in the basement," he finishes sadly.

Hwasa and I had gripped each other's hands half way through, sadness replacing the once cheerful atmosphere.

"D-Do you have any advice on how to help him get through this?"

Dr Moon sighs before rubbing a hand across his face. "All we can do is be there for him, listen to him and help him understand how the world works out of what he's learnt...he needs to know that what he's been taught is wrong."

We just nod, taking in his advice mentally before moving to stand after Hwasa checked the time.

"We best go see him before it's lunch time for the hybrids," she says as she pockets her phone.

I turned to look at Dr Moon again after we'd reached the door. "Thank you for the advice."

He just smiles warmly at us. "It's alright, even the best doctors need help sometimes."

We both bow before stepping out. I close the door behind me, not expecting someone to already be there waiting.

I can't help the gasp that slips past my lips as I turn to face the seven men I never thought I'd see again.

Hwasa looks just as shocked as she steps closer to me. "Did you know they were coming?" she whispers to me. I turn to look at her before whispering back a soft, "no."

I turn to face the men in front of me again, more confused than anything. "What brings you here?" I ask.

I could see how nervous they were as they shuffled around on their feet constantly.

I turn back to Hwasa. "Do you think you could go on alone?" she just nods softly, taking the file from my hands before scurrying along.

Turning back to the seven hybrids, I sigh. "Come on then," is the only thing I say before I start walking in the direction of my office.

We stayed silent during the walk which felt like hours even though it was less than five seconds considering my office was two doors down from Dr Moon's.

I open the door for them to step in first before I close it behind me and make my way to my own chair. The boys all sit themselves on the sofas and beanbags placed around me.

I always prioritised comfort over the professional setting considering a lot of patients and older ones that had since left the centre liked to visit me. It was a top rule for me to keep; make sure my patients feel comfortable and safe while with me.

Yoongi POV

Seeing y/n again made my heart beat faster than it ever had throughout these last few days. Just to see her face, even without her beautiful smile, was enough to thaw at my cold heart.

I didn't expect anything but coldness from her as we stood before her. It shocked me when she remained calm, allowing us to speak to her.

"Did you forget something, or are you here for another reason?" she asks just after we'd all got settled in our seats. The nervousness radiated around us as we all mentally communicated to find out who should speak first.

We could tell she was growing frustrated the longer we stayed silent. Kookie was the first one to break as he ran forward to embrace her, harsh sobs escaping his body.

"I'm sorry for biting you and I'm sorry I didn't fight harder to stay," he cries, practically sitting on her lap as he squeezes her tight to him like she's going to disappear.

I could see her expression softer as she embraced the boy back, softly whispering in his ear as she caressed his hair.

"It's okay hun," she spoke repeatedly. He soon calmed down, collapsing on her lap...not that she minded...

She allowed him to sit on her lap, his legs barely fitting through the armrest holes as he placed his head in her neck where his bite mark lay.

"We're sorry for the way things turned out," Namjoon says from where he sat, just looking longingly at our mate. "I made the mistake of forcing everyone away from you just because of my own personal past with humans...I should have never done that."

It takes a lot for someone to own up to their wrong-doings, especially a stubborn alpha who always thinks he's right or doing what's best for the pack. I think it shocked us all when he apologised, especially to y/n.

"We've been keeping a secret from you– well, I've practically been forcing them to keep it a secret because I was scared of rejection."

y/n just stares at him, not saying a word as she carries on caressing Kook's hair and back, encasing him to her.

"We're your mates and we want to get to know you if you'll have us back."

XXX

WHAT DID YOU THINK OF THE CHAPTER?

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAS HAD PATIENCE WITH ME. I HAVE BEEN BUSY THE PAST FEW DAYS AND NOT TOO LONG AGO MY SLEEP PATTERN HAD BEEN KNOCKED OFF SCHEDULE. I HAVE ALWAYS STRUGGLED WITH SLEEP IN GENERAL SO I ALWAYS TRY TO MAINTAIN A ROUTINE, BUT SINCE A FEW DAYS AGO I HAVE STRUGGLED TO SLEEP AT ALL AND HAVE ONLY MANAGED TO GET AN HOUR OR TWO BEFORE I WAKE UP RESTLESS.

I WAS GOING TO UPDATE YESTERDAY BUT I HAVE BEEN FEELING SICK IN THE BACK OF MY THROAT AND I HAVE HAD UNEXPLAINED PAINS IN MY TORSO AREA AND HEADACHES THAT FEEL LIKE MIGRAINES. NO WORRIES THOUGH BECAUSE I HAVE SUFFERED WITH THESE PAINS LOADS OF TIMES FOR OVER A YEAR, SOMETIMES THEY ARE JUST WORSE. I WILL TRY TO UPDATE MORE, I JUST CAN'T GUARANTEE THAT I WILL BE CONSISTENT WITH A SCHEDULE.

THANK YOU AGAIN,

-PEACHY <3